The tower as a flaw

Babymaker

I had a friend similar to this many years back who I became acquainted with a through friend of the family connection who had moved back into the area. She would leave doors open in her house so people could see her doing stuff (undressing + bathroom related stuff) outside with explicit purpose to wind people up. She was particularly vindictive and put a lot of effort into shaming or acting out against other people who fell on her bad side. I have another childhood friend who still communicates with her but something just didn't sit right dealing with her or her family, so I cut ties with the girl. Years later, she doesn't seem to be doing the same exact things and she has matured some. Maybe due to the influence of my friend and her family, but the constant need for attention is still there. I really wouldn't overly analyze the person when you see them (aside from what cards tell you)... you risk falling into the same mental traps that other people fall into when dealing with that type of personality. Their behavior may not even fall within the realm of normal function and therefore can't be analyzed in the same manner. Our analysis would only be a guess at best I think, because there's no telling the history or other factors involved that encourage their behavior.

My main concern is the danger aspect of the Tower... they're opening themselves up to being a target as perpetrators often target victims who may be too embarrassed or scared to report are ideal victims of assault. Tower has that imminent disaster component to it--i.e. change your behavior or else. So she may just be an accident waiting to happen.

Edit: Worth noting for purposes of the reading, with regards to my acquaintance, her immediate friends and family didn't know about this behavior. Could be she just showed certain (very odd) facades to strangers as there was no danger of exposure. Her mother thought she was an angel.

This is very true. I was thinking about what you said the other day and am thinking that yeah, she must have emotional self esteem issues. Also, the fact she was with her bf on the balcony 'exposing' to the public who are strangers kinda confirms what u say. They have surveillance cameras at their house. And u are right, I reckon she would find clever ways of shaming me if I was on her bad side. Her bf is a bad boy so I think this all shows she likes the wild dangerous side of life. It's funny though, just how many ppl fall for the angel look. Like on facebook I see lots of good guys who fall for her image and comment about how sweet she looks etc, yet she doesn't care at all! She probably thinks she's really clever for doing that too. I mean lets face it, lots of guys fall for sweet girls so it's an easy trick. Wow, a lot uncovered in this thread :).

Maru

This is very true. I was thinking about what you said the other day and am thinking that yeah, she must have emotional self esteem issues. Also, the fact she was with her bf on the balcony 'exposing' to the public who are strangers kinda confirms what u say. They have surveillance cameras at their house. And u are right, I reckon she would find clever ways of shaming me if I was on her bad side. Her bf is a bad boy so I think this all shows she likes the wild dangerous side of life. It's funny though, just how many ppl fall for the angel look. Like on facebook I see lots of good guys who fall for her image and comment about how sweet she looks etc, yet she doesn't care at all! She probably thinks she's really clever for doing that too. I mean lets face it, lots of guys fall for sweet girls so it's an easy trick. Wow, a lot uncovered in this thread :).

You reminded me my childhood friend who was associated with the girl I mentioned. She is actually one of those bike chicks I'm almost certain exposed skin, etc. She took a lot of risque selfies in her early 20's. I don't think for the same thrills, but she definitely called herself the bad girl and she had a thing for bad boys. Maybe that was their connection! :bugeyed: I haven't been in contact with her in years except for her father who I highly admire. Last I heard from her was on FB when I had an account and she was talking about cleaning her life up and her father was holding her accountable to that in messages. This was back in my mid-20's, so she would've been a few years younger. It wasn't that she was immature, as much as she just had to sew a lot of wild oats and maybe she fell into the wrong crowd at some point. Runs in the family, as her father is into bike culture and he had had wild years. Just thought that was interesting...

She did always want me to do stuff we shouldn't be doing in order to break free from her father's iron first. He was very much the Emperor, hiding candy under lock and key, making them eat right, all under the threat of an ass whooping if not obeyed... things really the ideal parent at the time should do, but she still strayed. They had a loving relationship though.

The girl I mentioned I disassociated with got pregnant in her teens (I think) so I don't think she ever had a chance to really let loose in her 20's. She would send people a lot of messages if they ignored her. It's quite sad, but I think she was quite damaged emotionally and was constantly looking for a way out. She seemed sweet enough when she wasn't doing crazy things.