What are the must haves in a collection?

MissChiff

I LOVE the historical decks and I'm wondering what decks would be important to have. I'm talking about possible decks please. Also I'm am fond of the new historical decks like the Noir Tarot. So if you could include those also. Thank you for your time.

Richard

I think that a good Conver restoration is essential, such as the magnificent ISIS Tarot de Marseille.

conversus

LRichard:

Do you have an opinion about the Conver edition published by the Accademia dei Taracchi?

Pax et Bonum

CED

madhatter00o

I hear a lot about the Dodal, Conver, and Fournier decks as being good places to start. The Jodorowsky-Camoin and/or CBD Tarot (by Yaov Ben-dov) are decks recreated by experts who have devoted their lives to the study of the Marseilles Tarot tradition and so might be worth picking up.

Disclaimer: I don't have most of these decks myself, as I personally find the woodblock print style to be, erm, aesthetically unpleasing and the colours of most of the decks too bright. Still, these seem to be the decks most people go for when they start collecting TdM decks.

That being said, I really, REALLY love the Tarocco Soprafino (Il Meneghello), which is as gorgeous as it is fascinating to read. And, of course, you've already mentioned Le Tarot Noir, which is hauntingly beautiful, as well.

You can also check out the List of Decks that People Have (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=25598) to see what others are up to and which decks seem popular among them.

Cheers,

Hatter

Richard

LRichard:

Do you have an opinion about the Conver edition published by the Accademia dei Taracchi?

Pax et Bonum

CED

I think I read a negative review of it a couple of years ago, and I have a low view of that organization, which seems to be a front for Phillipe Camoin. Among other things it misrepresented an article on one of Camoin's absurd theories (something about the Fool's dog) as being associated with Enrique Enriquez, about which EE and I corresponded. EE denied any connection with it.

There is a new Conver restoration by Kevin Meunier which might interest you.

MissChiff

I would love an ISIS. How do I get my hands on one. I have sent a couple of Emails but have heard nothing in return.

Yves Le Marseillais

CONVER and other Tarot of Marseille pattern decks

Bonjour à tous, Hello all,

Regarding Nicolas CONVER 1760 deck, I am on the way to make a restitution of it.
A long task that must be done as to offer an historical version based on very last developpements.
I works on it since two years now and 2016 is launching period booked.

Before this you may have a look on my Tarot of Marseille Pattern Gallery and those I already published:
Here:

http://tarot-de-marseille-heritage.com/english/historic_tarots_gallery.html

Salutations from Marseille City

Yves

Attachments

• 4 TAROTS Resize1.jpg
    4 TAROTS Resize1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 214

MissChiff

I will go through my collection in the morning and tell you what I have to start with...

conversus

I think I read a negative review of it a couple of years ago, and I have a low view of that organization, which seems to be a front for Phillipe Camoin. Among other things it misrepresented an article on one of Camoin's absurd theories (something about the Fool's dog) as being associated with Enrique Enriquez, about which EE and I corresponded. EE denied any connection with it.

There is a new Conver restoration by Kevin Meunier which might interest you.

Thanks for this! You always come through!

CED

Richard

I would love an ISIS. How do I get my hands on one. I have sent a couple of Emails but have heard nothing in return.

Have you tried this? He is usually fairly prompt.