Intuitive Fey excercise #3

lunalafey

HI AGAIN!
Here's this weeks study. I expect this one to be quite 'fun' (?)

The next excercise will be as a whole group.

This is how it will begin-
Phase #1
Think of an issue you would like to look into. The question will then be given an element that applies to it.

Example- a relationship question, it will likely be a water Q, but depending on it's nature it actually might be a Fire Q....then again it could deal with Earthly things. Find the Element that you feel best represents your issue.

Next pull a single card-

In your post here you need to give the Element of your Question, details optional.
The Card you pulled, after thoughts optional.

here's mine......

My issue is about my daughter and her relationship with her father (my ex)and the eventual court appearance to change things.
This is totally an AIR/Swords situation, though I can see the fire element in swords, and they fey- they are funny about thier elements

My card is XV the Devil
the pull makes me think of my switch hitting abilities with wands/swords fire/air, in accordance with what (other) decks associate with. And as I say, the fey are not totally elementally bound to thier suits. (fmpov)

What a roll of the eyes pull! I'm a Capricorn and he is a Capricorn!
I see this card just about every time I ask tarot about things between us.

Simone

I'll give this a go!

Step one:

the element I feel for my question is a dreamy cups feeling, emotional, a bit foggy, not very clear.

I prefer not to reveal too much of my question, not now, even if I may have to when the card is pulled...

Shuffling the cards and pulling one...

Oh! Hmmm... 9 of wands :confused:

Them two Feys there hiding in the hole in the tree, hiding from what? at war with what?

Ah... at war and fear. Sounds familiar, though, and also in connection with my question.

But... not with the element??

Although... I am at war with my own emotions and fear them. So, if I do not acknowledge them but fight them before even getting to know them, it's natural I am left in the fog. Kill it before you know what it is and you will never know, or something like that?

Interesting, thanks luna for the fun exercises!

Love
Simone

Imagemaker

Given the chilly gray air, the falling water, the sodden earth this morning (such a cold wet spring!), I started with the choice of fire to underlie/generate my question. And it came: How can I reconnect with Warmth?

I pondered the aspects: that could be physical warmth, emotional warming, and--always a need--spiritual warming and reassurance.

The card: Empress! Her blue skin makes me think of the times a Mother feels cold and wonders about the future of her children. But she cuddles a warm yellow baby and the glow of nurturing and cuddling him reflects a glow to her face.

And in that cuddling, the warmth of the baby warms the Mother's heart and gives her a time of self-nurturing, too, as she looks over her domain.

So I will be purposefully available today to nurture and share warmth with my cats, my family, friends, and if needed, anyone else I cross paths with. The warming will come, and yes, I know the sun is there above the smothering chilly clouds.

Maybe have a fiery lunch, too? Chili sounds wonderful! (From one kind of chilly to another!)

Imagemaker

I suddenly had the idea to call a friend--and found her in turmoil. During our talk she made two decisions (essentially telling people "no") and said she felt SO much better--that I had called just when she was in a panic and couldn't think.

Feeling warmer!

lunalafey

Devil- 9 of Wands- Empress-

some good cards for this excercise....
Let's give this phase a day or two for others to jump in on the study and then I will post phase 2

moonspirit

My question's element is more of a fiery temperament. Something that requires engagement .

I started shuffling and thinking of my question, I had a certain amount of shuffles in mind when..... The magician fell out. It seemed to fit with my question but I put it back in the deck to finish my pre planned shuffle amount.

The card I picked was The knave of pentacles. This card made sense also in regards to my question.

Although this knave is of earth it dosnt feel totally out of place, in fact when I was determining the right element it was between fire and earth.

Right now I'm too tired to think deeper into this so untill tomorrow. : )

lunalafey

moonspirit said:
Right now I'm too tired to think deeper into this so untill tomorrow. : )

save your deep thinking cupons for the next phase :D
right now all that is needed is the Element and Card

snowy25

My element for this exercise is Water.
Because it's warm in here.
So I choose it because I hope to get some balance from it.

While shuffeling I thought about:
- Water as element
- A cold shower
- A beach with lots of sand.

My card is XVIII The Moon.

I don't know what the elements are in the Major Arcana's so I'll just go along.

The first thing I noticed is the fey looking up.
As if something drew her attention.
And yes, there are things I'll have to do today.
I have to fill in some paper work (bills etc.)
The Fey is in a cool inviourment drawing a moon in the sand.
Maybe I can't do everything I planned because of something unexpected is going to happen?

I'll just wait and see.

lunalafey

Phase #2

I hope to get through each phase of this excercise rather quickly, so keep tabs.
I'd like to spend maybe 2-3 days on each phase. (if it goes over, that's ok, no pressure. I can go with the flow...)

Phase 2
Each of the cards we pulled will be given a thread-
(I will be creating them shortly)
Visit each cards thread and:

1)
a) State your element.
b) describe what of your element you see in this card.

* your element might not be obviously visible, but it's in there someplace. Look to the things that your element plays a part in.
for example: the Tower...there are clouds, which are water vapor and ....what ever more you can come up with.
In the case that there is NO element at all, let your thoughts flow about the lack of your element

2) Take 3 keywords from your description/cards image and do a word association, listing 3 more words for each one.

example, sticking with the Tower-
3 words- Clouds, Sky, Rain
CLOUDS- mist, vapor, white
SKY- heaven, blue, fresh air
WHITE- purity, void of color, blank

*It's best to not visit the threads until after you have done your excercises.
By reading other peoples descriptions might influence and hinder your own intuitive impressions.

NOTE If you have just read this thread for the first time, it's not to late to jump in to the study. Just find yourself a question, give it the elemnet that best suits it and then pull a card and post it here.

the cards so far are

I Magician*
III Empress
XV Devil
XVIII Moon
9 of Wands
Knave of Pentacles

I'm putting the Magician in. He jumped out, so should be included.
I will figure out a special place for him come the other phases....

any questions?

What's word association?

Word association is where you take one word, like SUN. With that word, what other words come to mind?
Hot
Growth
Morning

These words might reflect the essence of the SUN, but there could be a word that comes to mind that seems out of place...that's ok, and it's great because it expands on what you can see/feel in a cards image.

Imagemaker

Just did my associations--I tended to wander into the philosophical, as fire was unseen in most of the cards--interesting to note that only the Devil was blatant in showing his fire!

And in thinking of fire, the idea of fuel and how it's used, what it produces, was strong.

What do we do with our fuel? Do we contribute or contaminate the surroundings as we use it?

The weather remains winter-chilly, raining, and gray--fire is a welcome, warming focus today!