My new cauldron

Snowhunter

A cheaper alternative to the fairly expensive sand sold for incense bowls or cauldrons, is

the sand sold [big bags] for children's sand boxes. You can get that most anywhere,

fairly cheaply. i think we bought a big bag at Wal-Mart. ;)

[emoji13] I'm so glad you said that. I was worried that there was something about regular sand that makes it a bad choice to use with incense. I feel swindled!

MoonGypsy

[emoji13] I'm so glad you said that. I was worried that there was something about regular sand that makes it a bad choice to use with incense. I feel swindled!

i am really pleased to help...

Here is an example--50 pounds of play sand for 4 Bucks at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete-50-lb-Play-Sand-111351/100318476

Quikrete 50 lb. Play Sand is a specially graded washed sand that has been dried and screened. It is ideal for children's sand boxes, molding and building. Quikrete 50 lb. Play Sand can also be used in landscaping projects.

Ideal for moulding and building
Use for children's sand boxes
Suitable for a wide range of landscape applications
Washed, screened and dried
Note: Product may vary by store

Snowhunter

Well there's my project for the week - a sandbox for my children, and a little Zen garden for myself. <3

Snowhunter

Double double

Yelell

I like your ceramic cauldron and how you put a few crystals in it. :thumbsup:

I have a brass one that I picked up at a thrift store for a few dollars. It has three legs and handles on the sides. I wanted to use it as an incense stick burner but I didn't have any sand so I used baking soda and that works great. I don't know if crystals and baking soda would be safe combination but you have inspired me, maybe I will put some shells in there.

Ha, same thing here, except I had a big bag of epsom salt forgotten in the closet that worked great in place of sand. Hey, whatever works!

Glass Owl

Ha, same thing here, except I had a big bag of epsom salt forgotten in the closet that worked great in place of sand. Hey, whatever works!
I wouldn't have thought of epsom salt but that is a good idea as well.

Snowhunter

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439335767.709539.jpg I couldn't help myself, it's so damned cute.