New Herkimer "diamond"

suk

First I'd like to thank AT, and I think Padma, for making me aware of this crystal. I'd never heard of it before, and I don't think I would have sought one out without the recommendations of people here. I don't know why, but apart from Moldavite, I haven't really sought out 'ascension' stones (you know the category I'm talking about); I've been perfectly content with agates, jaspers, and commoner stones.

I couldn't stop thinking about it though, and got a beautiful piece today from a crystal shop here (along with a lovely black Kyanite, but this post isn't about that). I'll upload a photo in a subsequent post if I can, but honestly no photo could do it justice. It has a part that looks to be exploding out of it, and it has many different kinds of inclusions. There's an area that refracts little rainbows into it when it's seen in bright light. There are many tiny black dots that I find totally fascinating for some reason. I'm so amazed by the beauty of it alone.

But that's not all; I love the effect it's had on me already! I was stressed out about uni and 'real life' stuff, but the moment I started playing with it I felt my whole body relax. I feel so much joy and love, as though nothing is serious enough to get to me. We are so much more than our petty troubles... it's one thing to know that rationally, but I bet everyone wishes they could feel it more. :D

I've noticed that there's no 'study group' for these little guys, but I'm dying to hear all your experiences with this gem! :heart:

MissNine

I like them too! If you're ever in New York, you can even mine some yourself. :)

You might want to check out "smoky herkimers", as they are the rarer kind.
Glad you're enjoying your herkimer!

Padma

That's pretty cool, Suk! The little black dots are likely bits of mud (because that is what Herkimers grow in!)

Why don't you do a Herkimer study, and post it? Just ask Hemera to put it in the index for you :) Here is the index for the crystals that have been studied here at AT. The studies are just our experiences with the stones in question.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175866

Miss Nine is correct - you can mine one yourself in Herkimer, New York!

Yours sounds absolutely gorgeous though - and with all those rainbow inclusions, it must be really stimulating to look at, and to play with!

In regard to your "common" stones, agates are very grounding, and so make nice companions to Herks, which are so high-vibration they can sometimes make one "kite out" - (get very fuzzy headed) and so yeah, I would for sure use an agate for the earth-star chakra, and also at the same time use the Herk for the soul star chakra! The rainbows in your Herk would cover all the other chakras in between ;)

celticnoodle

I like them too! If you're ever in New York, you can even mine some yourself. :)

You might want to check out "smoky herkimers", as they are the rarer kind.
Glad you're enjoying your herkimer!

Yeah, I live about 2 hours from the mines, but have I gone yet to mine for my own?? NOOO....:rolleyes: I've been wanting to do just that for years now! At one time, a few of us "NY A.T.'ers" swore we would all meet up there and also go mining...but that has not happened and most of them are now gone from A.T. :(

I do have a a few of them however, that was given to me by a friend, and though I can't recall where I even have them now....I know a wee bit about them. When my friend gave me some--she put them in a little black pouch for me--when I was moving away from VT. She told me they were powerful crystals that would bring me much luck in everything I asked for and/or needed. This was my very psychic friend, who started me on my spiritual path. She was also a REIKI Master and a medium and empath. Her daughter went mining for these crystals in NY and brought home a bunch, (of which I now own a few of).

They do indeed look like diamonds! but they aren't, and are actually a very clear quartz crystal. Supposedly, they are very sensitive as they are so powerful to all energies. the black marks in them is the carbon deposits--from what I've learned, though I do have a few that are very clear looking. Mine are small too though.

I would love to learn more about them myself. Are you going to start a thread on them here? I'll watch for it and try to contribute what I learn about them. Now! off to investigate them a bit, after I finish looking at the rest of A.T. :)

GotH

I would LOVE to mine for "diamonds!" This sounds like so much fun. You should really go CN, grab your man and go on a little daytime date.

celticnoodle

I would LOVE to mine for "diamonds!" This sounds like so much fun. You should really go CN, grab your man and go on a little daytime date.

:laugh: yes, I know!!! But he also is dragging his feet at this. Maybe I will grab the sister and drag her with me! She would enjoy it I think.

MissNine

I read in the Crystal Bible that combining one with a citrine point will act as a negative energy defogger.

I also wanted to mention that the double termination (points at both ends) herkimers have is what makes them so unique, besides being water included. The ones with water trapped in them are supposed to be the ones that boost astral travel ability.

celticnoodle

thank you, MissNine. I didn't know that about them either!

DDwarks

(((Celticnoodle)))

If you ever do go would you mine one for me please?
I've wanted one for a long time but none I've found ever felt right :(