Page/Swords as action to take in love

hulpster

I have had this card come up as advice in love readings for myself and my understanding and research of this card leaves me wanting.

Just wondering how you interpret this as a course of action to bring "the one" into your life?

I see:
- communication online: online dating
- spy/observe someone's actions: maybe i'm not picking up the cues from a potential suitor around me now?
- talking: maybe strike up a conversation with someone
- learn to speak: maybe it's saying i need to be more like the page and just starting blurting things out?

Is there anything I have missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunChariot

I have had this card come up as advice in love readings for myself and my understanding and research of this card leaves me wanting.

Just wondering how you interpret this as a course of action to bring "the one" into your life?

I see:
- spy/observe someone's actions: maybe i'm not picking up the cues from a potential suitor around me now?
- learn to speak: maybe it's saying i need to be more like the page and just starting blurting things out?

To me it would be asking you to change the way you are thinking about it in some way. Which would suggest something in the way you think about the topic now is holding you back.

It may say that you might be afraid to open up when you meet potential partners, or that you want it too badly and maybe that looks desperate. OR it may even be telling you to stop looking for "the one". That there is no "one" but just people you are compatible with to varying degrees and when you find one you are who is willing to work to create the best relationship they can WITH you, then he will become the right one in time for you.

It asks you to think of things in a different way, maybe to not expect to find the "perfect" mate for you right off the bat, and to know no one is perfect But to instead look for someone with the potential to grow into what could be just right for you. Then you grow together over time, until things are just right in the end.

Could be saying that you have already met a number of people things could have worked out truly well with in the end, but keep turning them away looking for the perfect one.

(Swords are about our thoughts and the way we are thinking about things. Pages are about something novel we are experiencing for the first time. So a new way of thinking on this topic is in order for you.)

That is what it would mean to me.

Babs

IndigoWaves

You may need to ask more questions and avoid taking things at face value when it comes to potential love interests. Important facts and red flags might evade you because of an overly trusting nature; it may even attract people who just want to use you in some way. Increased wariness and active probing for truth would be advised by the Page of Swords in that case.

Another possibility is that emotions and/or physical attraction have been overriding your logic when it comes to dating and relationships, with troublesome results. You may tend to fall for highly incompatible partners due to such urges, too. If so, then greater detachment and a more logical, clear-headed approach is needed.

Marsy

I see it as saying you need to be more discerning when it comes to people you desire to build relationships with. Don't just accept any guy that comes along just because you want love, also your desperation could be hindering you from guys that are actually relationship material.

So basically work on yourself, figure out exactly what you want/need in love and communicate that to prospective mates and don't waver from it if they're not on the same page just because you want a relationship.

headincloud

I see:

Perhaps also the manner in which you communicate, the page is highly articulate and bright and very engaging, perhaps you're too much online and not paying attention to your surroundings as you suggested.

SunChariot

I have to stop and say I find this thread fascinating in no two people's answers for the same card are alike. I love that about Tarot.

Babs

Amanda

I think the Page of Swords is referencing someone that still holds you back in some way and you need to address this person/issue to clear things up and either reconcile with them or reconcile the situation within yourself. The Page of Swords is a conflicted character (Pages are Earth, while Swords are Air). For instance, you might need to accept what someone thinks or /their/ "truth" in some way even if you don't agree and it seems to be of no use in your life. To avoid negativity or discredit someone else in some way is similar to avoiding or discrediting love, because love is unconditional. You can love and respect someone even if you do not agree with them. Given the Page and his lower rank, the advice may also be, "Don't get hung up on the little details." Small disagreements, keeping score against others for little things- might actually be things you need to let rest and stop focusing on, rather than getting defensive or on high alert about.