Study Group Activity Ideas for 2010

Jewel

Hey gang! In my absense from the forum one of the things I missed the most was this study group and the people (and faeries of course) here. I also realized that I simply much happier overall when I am around here *LOL*. So for my own pleasure seeking selfish interests I thought I would open up this thread to see if we can generate some excitement about planning some study group activities for 2010!

Faunabay and I were talking yesterday and one idea we came up with was a "Faerie Exchange."

What ideas do you guys have????

faerylvr

Wait...explain your idea further... please :)

faunabay

faerylvr said:
Wait...explain your idea further... please :)
Ok well you know how AT does different holiday exchanges right? Well Jewel (and I too) think it would be a good idea to have a faerie exchange.

People sign up (of course), we pick a partner, then put a box together for them. Since it's going to be a faerie exchange the sky would be the limit with what you include. You could always add something faerie themed in there (a book, deck, statue, etc) but you can also add something the faeries have told you that person needs (a rock or stick :D, scarf, bracelet, etc)

What do you all think?

oak_woman

I think that sounds a fab idea :) I'd be an eager participant.

o_w

Jewel

~peeks around~ Anyone out there????? There have to be more ideas than the exchange and the continued rounds of Faerie Seekers ....

Kahlie

Jewel said:
~peeks around~ Anyone out there????? There have to be more ideas than the exchange and the continued rounds of Faerie Seekers ....

Jewel, I promised myself this cycle would be over and so it is :) As always I have a lot of ideas and joys working with the Fae, but I doubt I'm going to share it again here. Sorry!

DragonFae

Sorry....my creative juices are consumed with Christmas right now but I'm sure I'll think of something.....

We might consider doing something on June 24th....Faery Day....but not sure what. I'll ponder it and pop back in.

DragonFae

Just an idea....but what if we picked a "theme" each month to guide our studies...

Some ideas might include.....

Faery History....sharing tidbits about the faeries from some of Froud's books or from online or whatever....especially the ones used to create the deck.

Faery Stories....again folklore or stories related to faeries

The Singers....a month to explore this group of faeries and perhaps our own experiences with them

Faery Trivia month,...using Froud's Faeries....post small tidbits or things from the book and others guess or solve the question....

Faery Gardens....for those living in places where spring is in the air ...we could created faery gardens and share pics etc....these make cute little container gardens too

The Cards.....create an art journal; one month featuring a faery card image (printed from computer, sketched whatever) Each page features a faery of our choice and we collage or write or sketch or whatever the page "in celebration" of that faery

I'm sure there are other "themes" for the months we could copme up with. I'm not invested in any of these...they are just ideas to consider...

I like the Faery Exchange idea....sounds fun

Aulruna

Many excellent ideas here - I would definitely participate in the exchange :D

I'd also love to have a ritual design group involving Faerie energy.

DragonFae

I really hope we can get some things going with the study group in 2010....I have decided to cut back on stuff I do ....especially on line so therefore I am limiting myself to the Oracle section of the boards here (for no other reason than I get too overwhwlmed with all of it...theres just too much to read and study etc)....focusing more so as not to get too overwhelmed....and since I LOVE the faeries the study group would be a great way to focus even further...!!!