2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

Hedera

After receiving Baba Studio's newsletter yesterday, I was sure the board would be all abuzz about the upcoming new edition of the Victioran Romantic - but I cannot find anything yet!

I was thrilled by the image of the 9 of Swords in the newsletter; completely different (although not so much in content) from the one in the previous editions!
That has made me exited about the deck all over again. I was sure to get one, but one might not be enough... :D

They're re-publishing the book, too. I wonder if there will be any changes in that?

Soon, it will be time to get out the Bohemian Gothic again (I like physically dark decks for summer), but for now I will be using my Victorian Romantic and looking forward to yet another edition!

garmonbozia

After receiving Baba Studio's newsletter yesterday, I was sure the board would be all abuzz about the upcoming new edition of the Victioran Romantic - but I cannot find anything yet!

There was some discussion and excitement about it in this thread a few weeks ago:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=167984&highlight=victorian+romantic

It was exciting to see it mentioned in a newsletter. Made it seem more official somehow. I am very excited to see mention of the reprint of the Bohemian Gothic deck next year. I have just discovered Magic Realist Press' tarots recently and immediately fell in love with this deck when I stumble across pics of it somewhere. (followed by the heartbreak moments later when you search for it to find it seriously out of print). I hope they don't make too many changes and it looks great to me as it is!

Miss Divine

I am so happy I already have the first edition (regular and gold). I prefer the 3 of wands in the first ed. In fact, I don't like the new 3 of wands at all! Definitely like the Queen of swords better in the new version though.

vee

I don't have the first edition at all, so eeee, I am just excited.

Bluefeet

Love the idea that they are going to re-print the book, interesting to see how the new book is going to come.

Hedera

Ah, I hadn't seen the Facebook page yet!
(not a big fan of Facebook *at all*, I tend to avoid it like a pushy suitor with bad breath...)

I actually really like all of the changes so far - and they seem very much in line with the rest of the deck.

Oh, I SO hope they'll re-do the 6 of Pentacles!
That card always seems so out of place to me, the collage just looks clumsy and ill-fitting in it. Also, none of the elements are really that interesting or evocative (unlike all the other cards, really).

Polyhymnia

This is great news. This deck is on top of my wish list..... but...... why are they changing the art work? Why fix something that is not broke? :(

Reading Hederas comments, I can see that some think that some cards aren't right, but at the end of the day, isn't that personal taste, and if images get changed the deck is no longer what it originally was. Personally, I adore the original, warts and all, because that is what makes it what it is... for me :)

Alta

Well, I think that Magic Realist likes their decks to evolve, as they evolve as artists. I would guess that a simple re-print is not interesting, and that's fine with me. I am looking forward to the new edition.

garmonbozia

On the facebook page, which are the new version and which are the old? It's not clear to me.