Picky Faeries

lark

Faeries love to collect things, even the essence of things from the past. That bag is familiar and comfortable to you, it has your history imprinted on it. Faries love history. They can jabber on for hours about their ancestory. They do this just as you're trying to fall asleep! I think it is an honor to you that they chose it, I think they are telling you that they want to become as comfortable and familiar to you as a favorite pair of well worn jeans. Kind of like the cat that won't go by anyone, yet he jumps in your lap and curls up for a nap.

Logiatrix

lark said:
...I think they are telling you that they want to become as comfortable and familiar to you as a favorite pair of well worn jeans...
Wow, I really like that!
When I look at it that way, it makes even more sense.
What a wonderful insight, lark!
:D

Shadow Wolf

A home for my fairies

Since I seem to have fairies at my house already, too many things have been happening lately that absolutely defy logic,
should I start asking them now what kind of home they would like to live in ?

If it's other than a bag I already own, I could have it on hand when I bring the deck home, or would they like to come shopping with me ??

How do I handle this to make their transition from box to new home run smoothly ? The last thing I want on my hands is deck of disgruntled fairies !!!!

Thanks !!!!

I've ordered them from B&N and should have them here within the week !!

Wisp Wings

in answering Shadow Wolf

Hello Shadow Wolf:

I think if this was me, unless you were to feel being led to give them a specific home before they arrive, I would wait and they mostly will direct your path to what they want after having arrive. There is a lot of post regarding the different items they want (lol, demand) to have for their home and will sometimes months later wish to have something else added. I have several post regarding the demands of mine. One of the things I thought very funny with mine was they didn't want to be back in the box after released from it. I had planned on a bag I had made and ready for them before they arrived and this was not to their liking. A combination that I wouldn't have put together they wanted. The other fabric of the bag I barely had enough, I mean it was without an inch to spare! Their first night .... well I went ahead and cut the fabric out and they were happy to rest laying in between the two main pieces of the fabric.

You will never be the same again. I haven't had direct (known any way) contact with a fae. I have seen them though but it is always from out of the corner of my eye. It all depends, sometimes and more than not, it is a shadow flutter figure that I see the movement of, but at other times it is as if from your side and back beyond your side there is a quick flash flood of light and it too flicks a bit, flutters and is gone if turning directly to it. The light occurences is usually when a dim cast day or after the sun has gone down but it feel much like when the sun comes briefly out from hidding behind clouds. This is not it though, as the light times is when deep within the house and the light isn't coming in the direction of a window. I do believe in other spirit beings, but when I feel it is a faery, there is along with the sighting, a sureness this was/is a fae. For me I am never second guessing, was that a ghost or what? I think this is an impression they deeply put on you to have you aware it is them.

Good luck with your Faes. I have been following your post daily of your experiences. They called to me too and through this forum. Long back this forum was next to one that I read from often. Between the time of the year and the natural call to nature and the constant having to read the name of "The Faeries Oracle" they eventually pulled me into this forum and I was also only a day or so away from having to wait mine to arrive.

Logiatrix

Re: A home for my fairies

Shadow Wolf said:
If it's other than a bag I already own, I could have it on hand when I bring the deck home, or would they like to come shopping with me ??
My own experience has been that, regardless of what you have decided for your deck, it ultimately decides!
What my fairies finally settled on in the area of housing was nothing like what I had in mind.
Based on that, I advise waiting for your deck and letting the fairies tell you what they want--which they will undoubtedly do, whether you ask or not!
:)

lark

Definitely wait untill you get them. They are totally unpredictable and could just as easily pick an empty peanut butter jar over a jewel encrusted golden box. So save yourself a great big faerie size headache and let them have there own way. You'll know when you see it. Because they'll let you know! Can't wait to see what they pick.

Alta

I love my faerie cards, just love them. But I must say they have never indicated in any way where they wanted to live. :( As I posted earlier, I keep them in a box with Dragonflies carved on the top. um, I guess am being really thick, but how do they 'tell' you where they want to live? Like, you put them in something, and the cat knocks over a vase? I won't say that kind of thing has never happened to me, but not with this deck.
Edited to add: I just went back and re-read some of the descriptions about how the fae made their wishes known. Sorry, the memory is going I guess. :)
Maybe they just like the dragonfly box and I accidently got it right the first time.

Logiatrix

Marion said:
Maybe they just like the dragonfly box and I accidently got it right the first time.
Marion, you got it right.
If all is calm and all is well, then you got it right.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
...especially when pleasing Elements (Usually) Not Seen.
:D

Shadow Wolf

I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and picked them up. I told them earlier that if they didn't like the bag I had picked out for them that they should give me a sign. Throw it on the floor or something.......... they slid right in , no problems, YET. I was going to trow away their original box and they asked me to keep it, so, of course , I did.

Anyway the bag they now call home has bright pink bands of color, alternating with a kind of shimmery gold threading with a
flower and leaf design. It has a long string to carry it with and
tassels on either side at the bottom with a little black bead at the top of each tassel.

I think they are happy here, if they start causing havoc, I'll know I erred in my decision. So far all is quiet. My faeries and I are getting to know each other and so far we're gettin on quite nicely,
thank you.

I love having them as houseguests !!! And so far ,as I've posted in another thread, they have made me begin to address the issues I'd only be hedging and avoiding. I love their way of working with us, they make us address the things we fear on our own terms.........PRETTY AWESOME !!!!!!!!

Skimo

I am happy to read this post before doing a mistake in choosing a bag for my FO deck arriving on monday.

I intended to knit them a bag in fair-isle with green, brown and gold color.
I add some pure shetland yarn left from this project :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20111863@N05/2063534102

Reading the post I thought I could add a few beads also :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20111863@N05/2144357688/in/set-72157603221168262/

Or maybe they would like this yarn more :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20111863@N05/2143548591/in/set-72157603221169964/

or this pattern in green and gold or black :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20111863@N05/2115468899/in/set-72157603221168262/

But I will wait until they arrive.

Moreover, I couldn't find their size and couldn't decide the size of the bag.

What would be the best way to ask them what they want?