Vintage/retro-themed tarot?

atypical

With all the themed decks out there, I'm curious about vintage/retro-themed decks or decks dedicated to specific periods of the 20th century. In tarot it seems like there are two eras of decks: contemporary decks and decks that are set in the Victorian era or earlier. I'm a vintage collector mostly interested in the 1920s-1960s.

The only retro decks that come to mind are the Housewives and Zombie tarots set in the 1950s, but those are done in more of a kitschy, novelty style.

I found a deck called "The Retro Tarot" via Google but its Kickstarter campaign failed. It looks like it uses black-and-white images from old Hollywood. (Are they even authorized to use these images?)

Personally, I would love to see a Jazz Age Tarot or a Mod Tarot (with a Vespa for the chariot)!

cosita

I'd so love a Mod Tarot! :D I saw this thread a few days back and I've been looking for retro tarots online... no luck. :(

wooden-eye

Hi- not wanting to be self promoting and yet somehow managing to be just that; I have just received my own deck from the printers, Bonefire Tarot, it might be of interest to you.
The deck is RWS based and painted in a style influenced by Sailor Jerry Collins traditional tattooing.. It has, I hope vintage sensibilities whilst steering clear of kitch. The deck is very almost available and may be reserved. Images can be seen here in the listings or through my website in my profile.
Just thought I would give it a mention.šŸ˜‰

rachelcat

There are some art nouveau decks, but I guess that's more art style than era.

Don't forget the Housewives for the very 50s feel!

Morgan Greer for the 70s, and Cosmic for the 80s.

(But if they are reminicent of the era because they are OF that era, does that not count as vintage themed?)

(I like the Eros Oracle, too, for its Art Deco style!)

atypical

I like all the decks that have been mentioned, but I'm looking more for decks that show situations and styles from the early-to-mid 20th century rather than the usual castles, knights, etc.

The Frau Grand Duchess tarot looks interesting- love the Fool covered in a pile of cats! But to be honest I would probably buy the Housewives tarot instead because it looks like a similar style and costs $15 rather than $60.

Wooden-eye, I love the Bonefire Tarot and am totally in awe that you created it! My friends who are into the hot rod/rockabilly/tattoo scene would LOVE it.