I wish Robert Place would recreate a Marseille pack.

Inconnu

Robert Place is a talented fellow. It was his Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery that drew me back into Tarot after a break of many years. This pack wasn't quite satisfactory to me though. I liked this artistic style but started searching through the different Tarots & finally arrived at what I found to be my center, the Marseilles.

I know Place could do an amazing version of this historic pack.

I hope he hears this.

Sulis

I agree.
His artistic style of clean, stark lines and wonderful use of colour would be great as a TdM. I hope he sees this too.

ana luisa

What a phenomenal idea ! A crisp Marseilles by Robert Place could even make ME give it a try ! :)

Wendywu

I'd break my deck-buying extended holiday if he'd do that :)

Wendywu

When I thought of buying a deck of his, it was actually something a little cheaper I had in mind :laugh:. That one went at $299 *gulp*

Richard

I would like to see Place's impression of a Marseille deck rather than a reproduction or reconstruction, maybe something like Major Tom's Marseille, but with Place's distinctive style.

Dan S

It's interesting that on that deck, 6 is strength, 8 is the lovers, 9 is strength, and 11 is the hermit

Inconnu

When I thought of buying a deck of his, it was actually something a little cheaper I had in mind :laugh:. That one went at $299 *gulp*

You might of found the "Alchemical Tarot", first edition. When it sold out prices went crazy. It's now in it's third edition @ $50.00 new.

Inconnu

Actually there IS a gorgeous historical reproduction done by Robert Place a few years ago, but it was only released in a very limited edition: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robert-M-Pl...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Hi Iris, looks like the link is dead. Do you mean the "Tarot der Engel"? There's one on ebay now, here;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-GERMAN...227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bfe44ddb

This listing doesn't show much, about 7 views of the box...

I didn't see anything like what you refer to on his website.