I'm buying my first Il Meneghello decks!!!!!

KristinCali

Flaxen

Soprafino. :)

This deck is in my top 5 favourite reading decks - the trumps and court cards are simply beautiful and expressive. These are court cards which feel like real people to me. The cardstock is lovely too - very tactile and a joy to shuffle.

emmsma

I second the Soprafino. It is simply elegant.

You can get Neoclassico with your NEXT order. :)

MoonGypsy

I second the Soprafino. It is simply elegant.

You can get Neoclassico with your NEXT order. :)

SOPRAFINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p ahem...Yes, Soprafino--one of the most gorgeous and elegant decks there is IMHO-- and my personal favorite of all the Il Meneghello's. And i have had [and still have] a fair few. ;)

KristinCali

Clearly Soprafino is popular! Haha. The reason I was going to hold off on that one is because I have the LS Ancient Italian, which is almost identical. But if you all say it's worth it, then I'm leaning that way!

MoonGypsy

Clearly Soprafino is popular! Haha. The reason I was going to hold off on that one is because I have the LS Ancient Italian, which is almost identical. But if you all say it's worth it, then I'm leaning that way!

Worth it...so worth it...

For me it is like comparing Polyester to Silk Velvet or an Antique Brocade.

You can thank us later...:laugh:

nicky

I Naibi di Giovanni Vacchetta is my favorite deck in the world - enjoy !!!

Aeric

I have both Soprafino and Ancient Italian as well. I use the Soprafino delicately, for personal reading and study, and take great care of it.

The Ancient Italian is my workhorse deck for reading for others who want the Italian engravings, and for whom I'm not afraid to beat up the deck, get it dirty and worn. If I lost one card or the whole deck, I wouldn't be as concerned.

All of my Soprafino study is also channelled into the AI since the imagery isn't too different. You'd have the reverse, but you'll come to love having both around, I'm sure.

Myrrha

I used to have the Ancient Italian and didn't use it much or feel drawn to the Soprofino. To me it seems very static and formal. The Vachetta seems much more visually lively as well as having more interesting non standard details and mythological imagery.

Mi-Shell

I am a Soprafino lover!

The Soprafino is very special to me, as it represents a little family history:
My grandmother Elizza (1869 to 1956) had an original one and used to read with it. Remembering seeing this deck when I was a little girl and looking at the old worn out frayed cards together with my mother is ultimately, what later brought me to Tarot.

But, having told you that story, iffff you already have the Ancient Italian and - for now -are looking to BROADEN your collection, go with the Vacchetta and the Neoclassic.