I'm buying my first Il Meneghello decks!!!!!

KristinCali

Just curious, how much does the decks there cost. Says 25 euro but that seems too cheap.

Now I am all tempted to get a Soprafino too!

It IS cheap! That's why I ordered two. It was 25 each + 13 shipping.

agviz

Please post your thoughts about your decks when they arrive (or when you've had the chance to read with them)!

starlightexp

I'm so excited to hear your thoughts

KristinCali

Ok, I am in love with Il Meneghello and like @starlight said, I feel an addiction growing. I am SO happy I decided to purchase from them! Shipping was fast considering how far away they are. The package was wrapped in pretty paper and the tarot box itself has their wax seal on front. The cards... oh the cards. Because there is NO coating on them they feel so raw and sensual (I can't think of better words to describe them). They don't slip, so handling them is very different. They're hand cut so they are a tiny but uneven. This just adds to the charm of their decks. You can feel the passion put into creating them. The first reading I did with the Vacchetta deck was regarding my new job and career possibilities, it was spot on. I can't rave enough about Il Meneghello. Everybody should own at least one deck! They put LoS to shame.

agviz

How wonderful to hear!!!

Your enthusiasm inspires me to do a reading with the Vacchetta tonight!

KristinCali

How wonderful to hear!!!

Your enthusiasm inspires me to do a reading with the Vacchetta tonight!

I hope you have a wonderful time with your Vacchetta :D What are your favorite cards? I adore the moon, ace of swords, and 8 of cups. Also, check out the queen of swords, what do you think she has in her bag?? hahaha

agviz

I did a career reading with the Vacchetta tonight, and as with you, it was spot on (for the things that I already know). As for the future, it gave me La Papessa. I enjoy it when that card shows up for the future, and I especially like the way it's illustrated with such nice detail in this deck.

I also like the Devil, Tower and Wheel of Fortune cards for their over-the-top drama. The Tower in particular looks like something that disaster filmmaker Irwin Allen would be fond of, with all those bodies falling and flailing about. Even some poor fool impaled at the base - YIKES! :bugeyed:

Lots of little goofy surprises in this deck. Or maybe just goofy to me because I don't comprehend the logic behind the imagery. I find the Three of Wands kind of kooky in that way.

Aeric

I hate to put some melancholy in the thread, but I've been wondering about Il Meneghello's future. The photos on the site certainly look like Osvald's in his senior years, and I don't think I saw any mention of an apprentice, or a family member's interest in continuing the business. They seem to only handle sales and marketing.

Has he given any indication of when he intends to retire?