Sola Busca Owners Question

conurelover

Hey guys,

For those of you that own the beautiful Sola Busca deck, do you own it for collection purposes or are you reading from it on a regular basis?

agviz

I have the version by Wolfgang Mayer and I've only used it for study. It's so large that I'm sure I'd have a difficult time shuffling it. Unless perhaps if I were to spread the cards in a big pool on the table – haven't tried that yet.

But as far as study goes, it's quite a bizarre and interesting deck. I haven't read much background on it yet, but I would love to understand the intent behind the surreal imagery.

Gulliver

I only use it for study too. To understand why chose Pamela Colman Smith just these or those pictures to copy.

Le Fanu

I have the Lo Scarabeo version and the gorgeous Wolfgang Mayer version.

I'd love to say I use it for study purposes (or, at a push, reading), but I'm afraid the reality is that I use for intending one day to study. It's forever, on the back burner and I'm resigned to the fact that it will probably stay there until I die... :D

conurelover

Okay. I was hoping to read some encouraging on reading with it.
Thanks all for the responses!

Darkmage

I've got the LoS version and it's more for collection's sake. It's so rare that I don't want it getting damaged.

I'd love to learn more about it, though.

The crowned one

I fall under the category of intending to read with it, but so far have not got past just enjoying The cards. I have the Mayer.

Rhinemaiden

I have the LoS edition.... it's part of my collection; as much as I like the deck, I haven't read with it yet.