Prestigious scholarship in Canada (Marseille Tarot)

kayless

Hi everyone,

I have applied to receive a very prestigious scholarship in my country. At first, I did not want to apply because I believed that I did not have any chance to get chosen, but one of my collegues spontaneously told me that I should participate due to the fact that I have done a lot of volunteering throughout the years. The comitee also takes into consideration the personal struggles that the candidates might have gotten through throughout their lives. I made a reading to know if I will win the scholarship.

I used the Marseille Tarot, only MA, and did not take into consideration the side of the cards.

1- The Star (left, feelings of the consultant about the question)
2- The Magician (right, obstacles in this situation)
3- Strength (up, atmosphere, vibe about the question)
4- The Hermit (down, first answer to this question)
5- Strength (center, end, result, outcome)

My interpretation : With the star I am somewhat hopeful about this and I feel like I am protected. With the Magician, it indicates that my lack of experience won't help me. The Strength indicates that I have a good attitude about this, not too much high expectations but they will see that I am a solid individual. With the Hermit, it will take a long time to get the answer but whatever the outcome is, I will come out of this with a very strong and positive attitude (strength).

What are your views on this?

Chimera Dust

I'd help, but I don't have much experience with the Marseilles. Sorry! Good luck with your application. Something else that could help would be doing a reading for advice on how to show your full potential during the whole process and how to impress the jury.

prudence

Hi Kayless,

I can move this thread over to the Marseilles forum if you'd like. You're more likely to get help from those members who are experienced with reading using the Marseilles in that section of the forum, though it is perfectly okay if you'd prefer to leave it here.

Just let me know, :)

prudence

kayless

yes, I want to. And can you move my other thread in that section as well? Thanks.

prudence

hi, sorry for the delay! I'll move this one and look for your other thread.

dancing_moon

Here's my take on your cards.

You hope you can win the scholarship, but you also think it's a bit too far for you to reach. It's one of those wild, improbably dreams.

According to this card, you lack some skill(s) required for this scholarship, especially ones involving speech/writing or manual dexterity.

You have a gut feeling about this. The fact that a friend spontaneously told you about that is seen by you as a sign, a good omen.

You'll probably need to do much more studying and gain more experience if you're serious about this scholarship.

Whatever their answer will be, you'll gain in the end. You'll unlock some powers within you that you didn't know you had, and gain some valuable skills.

Hope this makes sense. :)

Kingdubrock

kayless

Here's my take on your cards.

You hope you can win the scholarship, but you also think it's a bit too far for you to reach. It's one of those wild, improbably dreams.

According to this card, you lack some skill(s) required for this scholarship, especially ones involving speech/writing or manual dexterity.

You have a gut feeling about this. The fact that a friend spontaneously told you about that is seen by you as a sign, a good omen.

You'll probably need to do much more studying and gain more experience if you're serious about this scholarship.

Whatever their answer will be, you'll gain in the end. You'll unlock some powers within you that you didn't know you had, and gain some valuable skills.

Hope this makes sense. :)

Hi,

yeah I do feel that my grades aren't high enough to get this scholarship, even if I do have good grades. I learned that they receive approx. 700 applications, convoque only 60 in an interview and that only 20 will receive the award.

But I'm gonna take a chance anyway. Who knows but my hopes aren't really high. Yes, I do see that my friend who suggested me to participate as a sign. But I agree with your interpretation of the outcome, whatever happens, I'm peaceful about it.

kayless

I generally try to avoid "fortune telling" with the Marseille using traditionally ascribed meanings, especially for myself. If I were in your situation I might start with 2 cards while inquiring about the scholarship itself e.g.: what is the general situation for anyone looking to apply - like how competitive it is or if there is there a built-in bias towards a certain profile or group. Basically depersonalize it at first and work progressively towards the personal in dialog with the cards. So if a reasonably clear impression is created by the way the 2 cards relate, ask a follow up question and draw a card. For example, if it initially appears closed to you with something like the Papesse & Wheel of Fortune (or whatever) I might ask for insight into how to proceed in order to connect to it better. Conversely if it seems more open with something like the pope blessing the sun card (or whatever) you can ask a similar follow up question and draw a card. Keep going, paying close attention to relationships between the cards (such as "visual rhymes", eye movements etc), rather than what each card "means" or what function a card should have according to a "spread"- with specific questions about strategy (rather than fortune or fate) until your gut tells you clearly whether and how to move forward.
Just my $.02

I'm sorry, english is my second language and I did not understand your message.