Deck of the Month Study Group??

2dogs

Some other suggestions:

Science themed e.g. Universe Cards, Photographic Card Deck of the Elements / Solar System,

Nature / Earth themed e.g. Nature-Speak, Earth Magic, Sustain Yourself Cards,

DV decks - my favourite DV deck may be the observation deck on the death star, but at least people could join in without large purchase and shipping costs. ;)

Onyx

I think that this is a very interesting idea that has me kind of wondering the possibilities.

Now I would like to add the Oracle of Initiation as a potential candidate for a month. But this brings up a question of cost of decks. I love the deck and I have both the original and tarot sized versions of this deck but it is pricey in either edition. It is worth it in my estimation but maybe not everyone would think so.

I think that some consideration to something simple like cartomancy should be given a month too.

Other decks that would catch my interest
Druid Animal/Plant Oracle
Madame Endora's Fortune Cards
Transparent Oracle (I have one and I barely ever even look at it but may be if we did it together I would get serious with it.)
Dream Inspirational Cards by Lo Scarabeo
Victorian Flower Oracle by Magic Realist Press
Gods and Titan oracle deck or the companion Goddesses and Sirens
Oracle of the Dragonfae
Oracle of Light and Shadow
Oracle of the Shapeshifters
or the uber scary Konxari cards

If we are looking to expand I would love a chance to spend a month with other oracle practices like casting, pendulums, dream interpretation, palmistry, aeromancy (cloud interpretation-- just imagine taking photos of clouds and posting to the forum and discussing them?)

Just some thoughts. I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Onyx.

Ace

I was just thinking about this. I wanted to do a study group for my deck of choice (and not very well known deck) the World Tree Tarot. (www.worldtreeproducts.com) Would you like to add that to the list?

Barb

DragonFae

Onyx: Yes cost of deck is always a factor but what we could do is add your deck Oracle of Initiation to the list and

1. People who have it could join in (I don't but that's ok) When I look at the images it doesn't appear to be a deck that's "me"

2. We could look at the area/focus of the deck and people with similar decks could also join in. It's a deck of cross cultural guardians and that does interest me. So a possibility would be to discuss the guardians...such as the Native American one called Corn Maiden. etc...and perhaps look for similar cards in other decks that focus on guardians. It could be quite intriguing.

Ace: The World Tree Tarot is tarot not oracle of course although I have used tarot decks as oracles instead of traditional tarot. I am assuming it is "tree" focused? I had trouble finding any images of this specific deck although there are plenty of tree ones out there. With that being said we could do Trees one month and you could use your tree tarot and perhaps others could use an oracle with a tree focus like Voice of the Trees, Tree of Life Oracle, or Wisdom of the Woods...there are plenty out there so others probably have even mo0re suggests.

What do you two think? I'll "pencil" in the decks for some open months and then we can flesh out the idea...or perhaps change it if need be.

PS I will also pencil in a month for "other" oracle practices...I think that is a good idea.

DragonFae

Just curious....is anyone interested in Wisdom of the Hidden Realms....I find that and Madame Endora to be great for readings...Could pencil in one or both...or could combine them one month?

Just trying to get as much input as possible so we can enjoy studying together.

2dogs

The Oracle of Initiation images remind me if the cave paintings in The Shaman's Oracle - possibly this could be an alternative?

Colette Baron-Reid has produced a few decks which could perhaps be compared.

The Konxari cards may fit into the Halloween theme.

Another theme a few decks have is the chakras e.g. Chakra Insight Oracle and The Energy Oracle includes chakra cards.

I have The Wisdom Of Trees Oracle.

As for "other practices" I have had a few interesting results from the random shuffle on the iPod.

Ace

Ace: The World Tree Tarot is tarot not oracle of course although I have used tarot decks as oracles instead of traditional tarot. I am assuming it is "tree" focused? I had trouble finding any images of this specific deck although there are plenty of tree ones out there. With that being said we could do Trees one month and you could use your tree tarot and perhaps others could use an oracle with a tree focus like Voice of the Trees, Tree of Life Oracle, or Wisdom of the Woods...there are plenty out there so others probably have even mo0re suggests.

Sorry, I didn't realize you only wanted ORACLE decks. The World Tree is a standard tarot deck. I would love to do a study group for it, but not here, sorry for being inappropriate.
barb

DragonFae

Ace it's no problem. This might not be the right study avenue for you but if you'd like to study your tree tarot deck when we study tree based oracles, you are more than welcome to join in.

Mi-Shell

I would join in for the January / Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams.
I know Jamie personally and I use her deck quite often when reading for my Native American clientèle.

Ace

Ace it's no problem. This might not be the right study avenue for you but if you'd like to study your tree tarot deck when we study tree based oracles, you are more than welcome to join in.

Thanks, DragonFae! but the WorldTree is NOT a tree tarot. I will see what it takes to make my OWN study group for it. Meanwhile, I may look in on your groups, this is a great idea!
barb