What do you know about Venus in Cancer?

Libra289

A male with Venus in Cancer, as well as Cancer Sun and Aquarius moon?

I know that Cancerians are loyal, tenacious, family oriented and emotional (although they prefer to hide it). So, with double Cancer ... how would he be as a friend/lover/family member?

Minderwiz

Much depends on where these planets lie in the chart. The usual Sun sign definitions are actually based on the Sun being on the Ascendant. You seem to have some more detailed knowledge than Sun Sign, so if you can a bit more information on his chart, I might well be able to give more information.on how he will perform in those particular roles.

The Standing Stone

Venus in Cancer gives a sensitive and caring nature, very devoted and loyal, with emphasis on security. Your affections operate at an unconscious and instinctual level, and apply in a general way to everyone you connect with. You are fond of children and the life of the home. You are likely to maintain close ties with your parents and other family members, and may be mothering rather than mating in the expression of your relationship energy. You are gentle, receptive and charming, and inclined to the sentimental or nostalgic. The Sound of Music may be your favorite movie. You feel best when you are involved the closeness and intimacy of a family relationship.

Libra289

Much depends on where these planets lie in the chart. The usual Sun sign definitions are actually based on the Sun being on the Ascendant. You seem to have some more detailed knowledge than Sun Sign, so if you can a bit more information on his chart, I might well be able to give more information.on how he will perform in those particular roles.

Sun - Cancer (2.58)
Moon - Aquarius (22.05)
Mercury - Cancer (1.19)
Venus - Cancer (24.46)
Mars - Libra (2.17)
Jupiter - Aquarius (21.37) R
Saturn - Aries (19.08)
Uranus - Aquarius (7.59) R
Neptune - Capricorn (29.16) R
Pluto - Sagittarius (3.28) R
Lilith - Virgo (10.45)
Asc node - Virgo (23.21)

I hope that helps! :) Do I need to analyse this myself first?

Venus in Cancer gives a sensitive and caring nature, very devoted and loyal, with emphasis on security. Your affections operate at an unconscious and instinctual level, and apply in a general way to everyone you connect with. You are fond of children and the life of the home. You are likely to maintain close ties with your parents and other family members, and may be mothering rather than mating in the expression of your relationship energy. You are gentle, receptive and charming, and inclined to the sentimental or nostalgic. The Sound of Music may be your favorite movie. You feel best when you are involved the closeness and intimacy of a family relationship.

This sounds about right! Would you say they are very protective of their feelings/hurt easily and prone to sulky behaviour to get their loved ones to listen?

Minderwiz

Sun - Cancer (2.58)
Moon - Aquarius (22.05)
Mercury - Cancer (1.19)
Venus - Cancer (24.46)
Mars - Libra (2.17)
Jupiter - Aquarius (21.37) R
Saturn - Aries (19.08)
Uranus - Aquarius (7.59) R
Neptune - Capricorn (29.16) R
Pluto - Sagittarius (3.28) R
Lilith - Virgo (10.45)
Asc node - Virgo (23.21)

I hope that helps! :) Do I need to analyse this myself first?

You don't need to do any analysis but the thing that is missing is his Ascendant. That is the degree of the ecliptic that was rising at the time of his birth. If you don't want to disclose too much about him, simply give me his place of birth. I know his birthday and year and the time isn't a problem. Fixing the rising sign needs just a little more information.

Libra289 said:
This sounds about right! Would you say they are very protective of their feelings/hurt easily and prone to sulky behaviour to get their loved ones to listen?

That describes me and my Venus is in Scorpio I'm also a lot lot older as well, so it doesn't go awayLOL.

Libra289

You don't need to do any analysis but the thing that is missing is his Ascendant. That is the degree of the ecliptic that was rising at the time of his birth. If you don't want to disclose too much about him, simply give me his place of birth. I can derive the time, date and Year from your list above.

That describes me and my Venus is in Scorpio LOL.

Haha! Oh, well he loves to sulk too! ;) In fact, it may just be the Cancer sun alone ... my sister is the exact same and she is Cancer sun with Taurus venus. His Ascendent is Virgo :)

Minderwiz

Haha! Oh, well he loves to sulk too! ;) In fact, it may just be the Cancer sun alone ... my sister is the exact same and she is Cancer sun with Taurus venus. His Ascendent is Virgo :)

Thanks, I'd just done a preliminary calculation and that's what I got too. Born a couple of minutes before 11:00 a.m.

Venus is in the eleventh house which is associated with friendships as well as hopes and aspirations. Venus is benefic planet, it functions better at night but it's the second most positive planet in his chart, after Jupiter, which rules his relationships. Whilst Venus is in a great place, known to the ancients as the House of the Good Spirit, Jupiter isn't so strongly placed as it's in the sixth. So he is either going to try and compensate for that by being full on (and you don't get more full on than Jupiter) or he's going to be rather defensive in case he gets hurt. With Jupiter in Aquarius, I'd say the latter. But when he does commit, he's going to be generous, big hearted and a potentially great partner.

Venus also rules his Lot of Fortune, that shows how he fares against those 'slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' - think of it as something like the Wheel of Fortune in Tarot, though it also has connotations for his health. It's well placed in the ninth House. With it's ruler also well placed, I don't see him as being 'unlucky', more the reverse. Though as Venus hasn't got an awful lot of dignity in Cancer that doesn't mean he's going to win the lottery or be lucky big time.

If you two have started off as friends, then it's very possible that the relationship will prosper into something more.

Libra289

Thanks, I'd just done a preliminary calculation and that's what I got too. Born a couple of minutes before 11:00 a.m.

Venus is in the eleventh house which is associated with friendships as well as hopes and aspirations. Venus is benefic planet, it functions better at night but it's the second most positive planet in his chart, after Jupiter, which rules his relationships. Whilst Venus is in a great place, known to the ancients as the House of the Good Spirit, Jupiter isn't so strongly placed as it's in the sixth. So he is either going to try and compensate for that by being full on (and you don't get more full on than Jupiter) or he's going to be rather defensive in case he gets hurt. With Jupiter in Aquarius, I'd say the latter. But when he does commit, he's going to be generous, big hearted and a potentially great partner.

Venus also rules his Lot of Fortune, that shows how he fares against those 'slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' - think of it as something like the Wheel of Fortune in Tarot, though it also has connotations for his health. It's well placed in the ninth House. With it's ruler also well placed, I don't see him as being 'unlucky', more the reverse. Though as Venus hasn't got an awful lot of dignity in Cancer that doesn't mean he's going to win the lottery or be lucky big time.

If you two have started off as friends, then it's very possible that the relationship will prosper into something more.

Excellent, sounds very much like him! He is very full on AND defensive, he confessed his feelings to me and then withdrawed ... I think he felt silly! We did start off as friends but given the situation it was rather awkward. However, he seems to be warming up again so maybe :)

Thanks for all your help! Very accurate!

The Standing Stone

Libra289 said:

Yes, very much so. They may be a bit moody, and may resort to pouting or the silent treatment to get attention.

Ronia

Caring. That's Venus in Cancer in the broadest sense. Fiercely protective, as well,both in material and unmaterial sense. For better or worse, that is,depending on how the other person likes tobe nurtured and protected. In the 11th she should be a bit more relaxed and open but I do know one such which is conjunct Mars and Moon there and, of course, with such aspects she is not open at all but capsulated.