Using parts in horary.

Sharla

In regards to a relationship chart, if i'm going to use a part, i.e part of marriage or even part of love....i know how to calculate these but i'm a little unsure of how they come into play.

In a recent chart, i've used the part of love, the dispositor of this part is Jupiter as it calculates at pisces 4 degrees 15. The quesited (moon) is in pisces, being in the sign of the dispositor jupiter, and jupiter being in the 8th house of libra.

So what is this part telling me ?

Minderwiz

In regards to a relationship chart, if i'm going to use a part, i.e part of marriage or even part of love....i know how to calculate these but i'm a little unsure of how they come into play.

In a recent chart, i've used the part of love, the dispositor of this part is Jupiter as it calculates at pisces 4 degrees 15. The quesited (moon) is in pisces, being in the sign of the dispositor jupiter, and jupiter being in the 8th house of libra.

So what is this part telling me ?

I do use the Lots (Parts) in Horary but I do so sparingly. There are several differently calculated Lots which are called the Lot of Marriage, including different Lots for Men and Women. That's not surprising as you can look at marriage from a variety of standpoints. You can look at it as a legal relationship, a social relationship, a religious relationship, a loving relationship, etc. So you need to be clear as to which facet of marriage you are concerned with. The question and its context is likely to determine which one you choose.

You mention the 'Part of Love'; I'm guessing this is what started out as the Lot of Eros. It's actually meant as a guide to how a person handles relationships of all kinds - that is not just romantic relationships.

I'd use the Lots relating to marriage (or at least the most relevant of them in questions where there's a real prospect of marriage - even if that is defined as simply living together in a long termed relationship. But clearly in such a question a Lot relating to the legal relationship, or may be even the religious relationship might be irrelevant.

RohanMenon

I do use the Lots (Parts) in Horary but I do so sparingly.

In my limited explorations of Lilly, he seems to use the Part of Fortune in questions related to the second house, specifically recovering money etc. In Hellenistic times, this seemed to have a wider connotation, and I'm surprised it isn't used in horary to measure 'the element of luck' related to the question. I'm not experienced enough in horary to conclude if the above is a good idea or not, but it seems to make conceptual sense.

Sharla

I do use the Lots (Parts) in Horary but I do so sparingly. There are several differently calculated Lots which are called the Lot of Marriage, including different Lots for Men and Women. That's not surprising as you can look at marriage from a variety of standpoints. You can look at it as a legal relationship, a social relationship, a religious relationship, a loving relationship, etc. So you need to be clear as to which facet of marriage you are concerned with. The question and its context is likely to determine which one you choose.

You mention the 'Part of Love'; I'm guessing this is what started out as the Lot of Eros. It's actually meant as a guide to how a person handles relationships of all kinds - that is not just romantic relationships.

I'd use the Lots relating to marriage (or at least the most relevant of them in questions where there's a real prospect of marriage - even if that is defined as simply living together in a long termed relationship. But clearly in such a question a Lot relating to the legal relationship, or may be even the religious relationship might be irrelevant.

Thanks for this information Minderwiz, i do understand there are different lots used for different purposes.

I also understand that the dispositor of the part, signifies that thing/part......so going back to my original question, if the dispositor of this part is Jupiter (as the part of love calculates at pisces 4* 15.) ....then i'm unsure as to what Jupiter being in the 8th house means in regards to this part. And actually both significators are in the signs of ruler jupiter.

So me and quesited are interested in what jupiter represents, jupiter happens to be the part of love too.

Both significators don't have any essential dignity between them .......but they are both interested in jupiter, both being in jupiter's sign So would this be that they are both in a weak place regarding each other ....but regardless of all this they do love each other (part of love = jupiter) ?

Its how to read the part im confused with.