TOADies Anonymous.

Cocobird55

I was tempted by the Hidden Realm, but didn't get it. I can wait until next year.

Stay strong, TOADies!

Nemia

I'm obsessive when I'm interested in something. I've been an obsessive book collector since I was a little girl; now that I collect e-books, it's easier to hide it. In the last years, I went through serious attacks of hair toy collecting (I made hairsticks myself and even sold them on Etsy and Dawanda - led to much buying of supplies...) and hair soap collecting.

My tarot deck obsession went through ups and downs. I always try to wait for at least a month before I buy a deck, to read as much about it as I can. In my Evernote tarot folder, I keep updating my wishlist. I note there my changing wishes. For a while, I wanted to buy every Steampunk deck under the sun. While I waited for a decision which to buy first, my interest in Steampunk decks passed and I didn't buy even one ;-)

Unfortunately, I don't have much money, and the decks I want most are expensive...

But I have to learn all the decks I own already before buying more. HAVE to.

IHeartRescues

The compulsion to grab anew deck can be overpowering at times, but like you Nemia, I find waiting and researching, then waiting some more can eradicate the desire altogether. Having said that, I have just received 2 decks at very low prices that I had wanted for months. I feel satiated. Really I do. I hope...... Yet I check this forum every day, so yeah.. there is a problem here. Here meaning w/ me and my curiosity about new decks mostly.

Deck acquisition is expensive, as is any collection frenzy. So I say, let us now remember those who are homeless, hungry and cold and wet.

tis the season and a good reason to be grateful we have so much.

I wish us ALL sanity these holy-days. Go TOADies!

RavenLuna

I'm still on the wagon! Sort of, I did see a Green Man Tree Oracle at a good price and got my husband to buy it for Christmas for me, but I haven't looked at it. That's within the rules right? ;)

earthair

I'm still on the wagon! Sort of, I did see a Green Man Tree Oracle at a good price and got my husband to buy it for Christmas for me, but I haven't looked at it. That's within the rules right? ;)

:joke:
I think so! (even though we are still acquiring?)
While I was at work this weekend my DH went shopping and bought me a deck just because he thought the art was great! :love:

Citrin

I'm in! I need to stay sober now at least until March!

I ordered the Connected and Free Oracle about 2-3 weeks ago, and I signed up for an online tarot class (by Camelia Elias), which required me to buy a TdM deck which I also ordered the same day. Now there needs to be NO MORE BUYING DECKS! I am not made of money. :p

...I sooo want the Lumina Tarot, Fountain Tarot and umm.... UGH! I need help.

Nemia

SO my dear fellow TOADIES, what did I do yesterday after bragging about my resisting power via research? Ha. I came upon the thread about the original Mythic, a deck I've wanted for AGES. Just in order to be Kind and Helpful I sniffed around on some German websites and discovered that ach ja, Frau Nemia, this deck is available in German and not expensive at all!

What happened next?

YOU tell me what happened next.

Reader, I bought it.

*sobbing heap on the ground* *feverish eyes hardly visible*

3ill.yazi

I fell of the wagon. :-(

I won't mention the name of the deck for fear of enabling anyone, but I was on Amazon buying a computer part when the damned thing suggested a deck that was available at an unheard-of price. No will power!

Back to the shed.

lark

I fell of the wagon. :-(

I won't mention the name of the deck for fear of enabling anyone, but I was on Amazon buying a computer part when the damned thing suggested a deck that was available at an unheard-of price. No will power!

Back to the shed.
Me too.
I discovered the Primal lenormand on Amazon and it popped right into my cart.

earthair

SO my dear fellow TOADIES, what did I do yesterday after bragging about my resisting power via research? Ha. I came upon the thread about the original Mythic, a deck I've wanted for AGES. Just in order to be Kind and Helpful I sniffed around on some German websites and discovered that ach ja, Frau Nemia, this deck is available in German and not expensive at all!

What happened next?

YOU tell me what happened next.

Reader, I bought it.

*sobbing heap on the ground* *feverish eyes hardly visible*

I literally cried laughing when I read this! :joke: {{{hug}}}
Glad it's not just me...I too went poking around looking for a original Mythic because of that thread...luckily with no success.