The Enchanted Map: 17 Ghostlands

Water Lady

love this deck....but going through book and card Ghostlands. I don't get it. it looks like a frozen building up at the top of stairs with 2 optional doors, some astrology markings
book message seems to be: you can learn from past, dream of future but must live in present.

any help on this for connecting the picture with meaning?

TarotFlow

love this deck....but going through book and card Ghostlands. I don't get it. it looks like a frozen building up at the top of stairs with 2 optional doors, some astrology markings
book message seems to be: you can learn from past, dream of future but must live in present.

any help on this for connecting the picture with meaning?
I also have the deck, and love it [emoji4]
I see it as all grey without colours, because the past are dead and the future doesn't exist yet, so that's why there are no colours which would make the card more alive.[emoji258] [emoji268] if you are unwilling to live in the here and now you actually don't really live (Imo)
the frozen building as you see it, could also symbolize something not alive.

Left door symbolize the past
Right door the future.

My friend got this card when she had to leave a job against her will and start in another place which also was good. But She was dreaming of the past job and imagening all the good stuff in future but she didn't wanted to be in the present cause it was hard to start a new place. Unfortunately the only way to the future is through the present.[emoji3] [emoji263]

Water Lady

I also have the deck, and love it [emoji4]
I see it as all grey without colours, because the past are dead and the future doesn't exist yet, so that's why there are no colours which would make the card more alive.[emoji258] [emoji268] if you are unwilling to live in the here and now you actually don't really live (Imo)
the frozen building as you see it, could also symbolize something not alive.

Left door symbolize the past
Right door the future.

My friend got this card when she had to leave a job against her will and start in another place which also was good. But She was dreaming of the past job and imagening all the good stuff in future but she didn't wanted to be in the present cause it was hard to start a new place. Unfortunately the only way to the future is through the present.[emoji3] [emoji263]

thank you, that makes sense and I love the 2 doors now.

donnalee

I love this deck too, and used to draw a card every day, and then slowed down to keeping the card I liked facing up for a while after I drew it, even days or weeks later. That meant I had to go fish in it for the Ghostlands card, and I think the two doors makes sense. Thanks! After I looked at it to see what folks were talking about here, I drew a card for my own use, and it was 18 The Magic Stream, the one after 17 Ghostlands, which cracked me up. Oracles are so funny sometimes!

ana luisa

While we're at it, Ghostlands can also pertain from ghosts from the past. Either the "baggage" sort of ghosts or the real ones.

Water Lady

that would make sense Ana, thanks