Tyldwick - Three of Swords

BodhiSeed

This card reminds me of the saying, "When a door is closed, look for an open window." However this window looks not only firmly shut, but bricked up on the other side. There are times when life is like being in a car that is stuck in neutral; you can't put it in drive or reverse. The decision made in the Two of Swords is a done deal, with no way to return to what was and no option for the future. The only choice is to get out of the car and find some new wheels (ideas, beliefs) that work. Some people might choose to force the issue and get a bulldozer to knock down the bricks, but all that's going to result in is a pile of rubble. Take off that seatbelt, because this ride isn't moving an inch as far as progress is concerned.

malpertuis.co.uk/2013

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 391

swimming in tarot

Geez, I hadn't noticed the bricks inside the window! I do notice that the wall above the window is made differently, or lit differently, from the wall beside and below the window. It is darker, and appears to have projecting mortar. I'm sure the deck's artist could have airbrushed in some matching wall, if that is what he wanted. What's up with that decision?

This is a gothic window, often but not always seen in an ecclesiastical setting, whereas the rest of the deck architecture is mostly neoclassical. Why that choice, I wonder.

Idle musings:
-Projecting mortar would indicate a stage before completion, where excess mortar is trimmed back to be slightly recessed and less prone to weathering. Aha! The RWS deck has dark clouds above, and rain, so weathering is happening.
-The external part of a mortar joint is called pointing, which is interesting, considering this is the suit of pointy swords. A visual pun.
-If nothing else, gothic windows are narrow and pointy, like swords--"lance shaped" is a common descriptor for them, although these are scalloped.