Tarot 101 study group?

closerwalking

I'm starting to work through Kim Huggin's book, Tarot 101. and would love to connect with others who are using her book?

closerwalking

tarot 101, exercises only?

I've started working with the book, and I do not resonate with a lot of what she shares in the chapters, she is too traditional oriented in her introductory passages, key words, stories, etc. but her exercises have some good questions in them. So I could just post the exercises? any interest? for folks wanting to learn intuitive way to use the cards. versus learning traditional meanings of the cards? I have one deck that has been super easy for me to read from the get go, but now branching into other decks as realize that different people resonate with different decks. and have some new decks that are harder to learn, I'm finding good questions are bringing these other cards to life.

Pam O

I've started working with the book, and I do not resonate with a lot of what she shares in the chapters, she is too traditional oriented in her introductory passages, key words, stories, etc. but her exercises have some good questions in them. So I could just post the exercises? any interest? for folks wanting to learn intuitive way to use the cards. versus learning traditional meanings of the cards? I have one deck that has been super easy for me to read from the get go, but now branching into other decks as realize that different people resonate with different decks. and have some new decks that are harder to learn, I'm finding good questions are bringing these other cards to life.

You could always go ahead and post the exercises, and see who joins in. :)

misskrystalx

I would love to!

Sulis

Moderator note

Welcome to Tarot Study Groups Closerwalking :).

Please take a few minutes to read the Tarot Study Groups posting guidelines at the top of Tarot Study Groups or by clicking this link:
Posting guidelines - please read.

Study groups work best when they're split into separate threads for each topic / card or chapter so I've split the 2 exercises you posted here into threads of their own:

'Tarot 101' - Kim Huggens study group - Exercise 1.2
'Tarot 101' - Kim Huggens study group - Exercise 1.3

I've also started an index thread for the group here:
Tarot 101' study group index thread - studying the book by Kim Huggens

The study group is also now listed in the Index of Study Groups at the top of Tarot Study Groups here: Index of Study Groups (click)

Please let me know by private message when a new thread is started and I'll add a link to the index thread.

And don't hesitate to drop me a PM if you need help with anything :).

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

closerwalking

Welcome, misskrystalx

Do you have the book?

closerwalking

PamO

thanks for the tips. I have been enjoying your helpful posts elsewhere on this site. glad we have connected.

Snowhunter

I just got the book yesterday so I'll be joining! I'm glad I found this study group :)

closerwalking

Welcome!

closerwalking

I've come to realize that her book does a good job of giving a person enough information about the traditional meanings of tarot, as sort of a jumping off place, and then her exercises encourage you to find your own meanings, develop your intuition. think outside the box. but where it shines for me is her exercises. I want to learn tarot directly from the cards. So if this appeals to you, then you probably do not need the book. I will be posting the exercises from each chapter. and anyone is welcome without or without a book. all it takes is open curious mind and desire to explore this wonderful tool more deeply in personalized way.