Birds to Right of Key Card

tarotcardrose

I just spoke to Sylvie on her other forum and she said that according to her method cards to the left are past/present and the right is future.

So, if she got the birds to the left it would represent what is on her mind, her question. The cards to the right will tell if he does call.

olivia1

rif said:
Suppose a woman wanted to know if a man she met at a party last night was going to contact her, and after charging the Lady and Man I got this:

Birds + Clouds + Lady + Horseman + Man

In this case, I could say that the Birds + Clouds represent confusion and uncertainty that the Lady feels about whether she'll be contacted.

However, Horseman + Man in the future would say that she'll receive news of or about him quite soon, and I'd say that this says that he will contact her.

The cards aren't always so obvious, but this seems like a positive outcome to me, given the sample question.

Hopefully this example brings you [Sun] and not [Clouds]. :D

you have been so helpful, Rif :)

Thank you! You are such a wonderful AT member: you are so willing to share your knowledge with others. yes, I can see how you would get that he will contact her since the Horseman is a "communication" card.

IheartTarot

olivia1 said:
Even in an example in the book, it was concluded that in the end, there would possibly be multiple offers for the sitter partly because of the stork+ Crossroad- which both appeared in the "past/present" position.

I agree the example on p200 is a bit confusing. The way I explain it to myself is that the Storks+Crossroad are current influences/opportunities relating to the question, possibly confirming the present situation (looking for a better job) while Sun+Letter relates to an actual future outcome.

I believe that the cards immediately next to the keycard (especially on the left/past) confirm the present situation. (Sylvie has mentioned that in a health reading the first card on the left would relate to the body part in question.)

When asking a Yes/No type question, I believe the cards on the right/future should be positive or negative in nature to give you a clear answer. Some positive cards are Key, Bouquet, Sun, Anchor, Stars, Storks. Some negative cards are Coffin, Mountain, Snake, Cross, Mice, Clouds. The Book could indicate something unknown/unexpected (and not for the querent to know at this time). The Scythe could also indicate something sudden and unexpected. I wouldn't rely on Birds to mean someone will call. If that is the nature of the question, I would see Birds immediately next to the key card on the left/past as confirmation of the question/situation.

Sorry if this doesn't help you. Thank you for asking the question as I am also learning and it is good to see what other people think.

Miss Divine

tarotcardrose said:
I just spoke to Sylvie on her other forum and she said that according to her method cards to the left are past/present and the right is future.

So, if she got the birds to the left it would represent what is on her mind, her question. The cards to the right will tell if he does call.

Hi,

I see left as past/present too. However, I just did a reading for somebody asking if a guy would contact her again that she hasnt heard from in a while.

Since this thread, now even I'm confused!:(

I charged the man card and got:
mountain+horseman+man+crossroads+ring+bouguet

Now I told her yes he would get into contact with her again after a long silence, blabla..etc.

Even in Sylvie's book it gives a similar example on page 195 asking if ''Angie is leaving Michael for good?''

In this example Sylvie got:
ship+horseman+clouds+anchor

In this example the horseman also shows up LEFT from the keycard. Exactly the same as my reading. And Sylve also interpreted it as a yes.

Help! Have I been reading these cards wrong all along now? I wonder...

IheartTarot

Miss Divine said:
Even in Sylvie's book it gives a similar example on page 195 asking if ''Angie is leaving Michael for good?''

ship+horseman+WOMAN+clouds+anchor

In this example the horseman also shows up LEFT from the keycard. Exactly the same as my reading. And Sylve also interpreted it as a yes.

I agree it is confusing. In this case, I believe the horseman indicates that the Woman (Angie) is thinking about returning to Michael but it is the anchor that seals the deal.

The horseman+woman could also be confirming his question "will she come back?" (with ship representing her leaving in the first place).

Miss Divine

IheartTarot said:
I agree it is confusing. In this case, I believe the horseman indicates that the Woman (Angie) is thinking about returning to Michael but it is the anchor that seals the deal.

The horseman+woman could also be confirming his question "will she come back?" (with ship representing her leaving in the first place).

Yeah I can see that, but that still doesn't really answer my question.
Thanks anyway!

lord_ewin

On my side, I'm being very attentive and quiet. Curious as I am.

rif

Miss Divine said:
Since this thread, now even I'm confused!:(

I charged the man card and got:
mountain+horseman+man+crossroads+ring+bouguet

Now I told her yes he would get into contact with her again after a long silence, blabla..etc.

I'd go along the same lines. horseman presumably describes the Man. Crossroads could be his indecision, as he may have multiple interests (other women) right now. The Mountain + Horseman i'd read as he showed up after a long time -- was your friend looking for a while? The Ring and Bouquet are positive cards. The Ring can be reaching a solution or agreement, and of course is the card of commitments, so it seems likely to me. And Bouquet is an all-around positive yes card for me. So I'd say. It looks likely.

ship+horseman+clouds+anchor

I think this example showed him departing on the left.

The question was if Angie would come back, and the Lady was charged:
ship+horseman+Lady+clouds+anchor

The Horseman showed her return was likely. I think this is because it's what she is thinking at the present time. Ship was her leaving, but she has interest in returning with the Horseman.

The clouds on the right are her confusion, but the anchor is a return. Probably will take some work too.

Does that help?

Miss Divine

rif said:
I'd go along the same lines. horseman presumably describes the Man. Crossroads could be his indecision, as he may have multiple interests (other women) right now. The Mountain + Horseman i'd read as he showed up after a long time -- was your friend looking for a while? The Ring and Bouquet are positive cards. The Ring can be reaching a solution or agreement, and of course is the card of commitments, so it seems likely to me. And Bouquet is an all-around positive yes card for me. So I'd say. It looks likely.

*Hi Rif I interpreted it like this:
The mountain was telling me there was silence, a long silence so a distance between the two. The horseman was telling me he'd contact her again.
I agree with you here about the indecision, and that it's his choice to make.
I don't think they will end up having a relationship (don't ask me why, it's just a feeling I got while doing the reading. But I do think there will be some kind of reunion, and a positive one.

The question was if Angie would come back, and the Lady was charged:
ship+horseman+Lady+clouds+anchor

The Horseman showed her return was likely. I think this is because it's what she is thinking at the present time. Ship was her leaving, but she has interest in returning with the Horseman.

The clouds on the right are her confusion, but the anchor is a return. Probably will take some work too.

Yes I agree here too.

Does that help?

Thanks Rif, I'd like to see what others have to say about this too.

I also wonder, for instance let's look at the Angie and Michael example. What if these cards showed up:

ship+horseman+woman+clouds+crossroads.

Would it be possible that the horseman still indicates her return, but because of the clouds and crossroads on the right indicating it wouldn't amount to anything in the end?

This thread has really got me thinking...

rif

lord_ewin said:
On my side, I'm being very attentive and quiet. Curious as I am.

Curiosity killed the cat? :D