Mini Rosetta tins

Babalon Jones

Eureka!

I went to the hardware store and bought some of those 99 cent disposable sponge brushes, in a size about a quarter inch wider than the tin. They lay down a nice thin smooth layer of the varnish, no bubbles and minimal streaking. Much better than the artist brush I was using. Happy dance! They are coming out great now!

toj

Glad to know you found something that works to your satisfaction. I am looking forward to getting this one.

Babalon Jones

Yeah, it is working so good now that I actually prefer the varnished ones. I came up with a technique that gives the labels a subtle linen texture that not only looks good but will increase durability.

Babalon Jones

Getting there! Oh man, this is one of those things that takes way more time than you estimate at first glance. I have been working all my spare time into these tins, starting from before I even got the shipment of decks in. I've taken a few days off from work just to devote some dedicated hours to them. I think 3 since I started plus some weekends.

I have 300 of 555 done and ready to go. The tins come in boxes of 2 dozen, and on the last box I did I timed myself, as I've finally really gotten a rhythm dowm and I'm getting all military-efficient. But even going fast as I could go while still doing a good job, and in my best assembly line style with economy of motion and no breaks and everything, doing a box of 2 dozen from start to finish took about an hour and a half. Sheesh.

So for 555 decks that means about 35 hours assembly labor, assuming no breaks and I was at peak efficiency the whole time which I sure was not at the beginning while figuring stuff out. So in all it will be some unknown higher figure that I don't really want to know.

You are probably asking yourself, "Why the hell are you on here posting then? Get back to work bum, you still have about 16 hours to clock." Hahaha no wait that is what my brain is saying, sorry for projecting :)

Gotta say I'll be very glad to be done with these. It is pretty dull, repetitive work and I honestly am sick of it. But heck, I do accounting as a day job, I am used to dull and repetitive work, and have several decades of that left... hahahahaha *glaze of madness in the eyes*

*throat clearing* where was I?

Anyway, these are coming out great though and I am super happy with them, and hope you are too. I said to a friend the other day though to throw a bucket of cold water over me the next time I get a bright idea like this. Unless it is like childbirth where they say you forget the pain I won't be doing this again soon!

DownUnderNZer

Getting there! Oh man, this is one of those things that takes way more time than you estimate at first glance. I have been working all my spare time into these tins, starting from before I even got the shipment of decks in. I've taken a few days off from work just to devote some dedicated hours to them. I think 3 since I started plus some weekends.

I have 300 of 555 done and ready to go. The tins come in boxes of 2 dozen, and on the last box I did I timed myself, as I've finally really gotten a rhythm dowm and I'm getting all military-efficient. But even going fast as I could go while still doing a good job, and in my best assembly line style with economy of motion and no breaks and everything, doing a box of 2 dozen from start to finish took about an hour and a half. Sheesh.

So for 555 decks that means about 35 hours assembly labor, assuming no breaks and I was at peak efficiency the whole time which I sure was not at the beginning while figuring stuff out. So in all it will be some unknown higher figure that I don't really want to know.

You are probably asking yourself, "Why the hell are you on here posting then? Get back to work bum, you still have about 16 hours to clock." Hahaha no wait that is what my brain is saying, sorry for projecting :)

Gotta say I'll be very glad to be done with these. It is pretty dull, repetitive work and I honestly am sick of it. But heck, I do accounting as a day job, I am used to dull and repetitive work, and have several decades of that left... hahahahaha *glaze of madness in the eyes*

*throat clearing* where was I?

Anyway, these are coming out great though and I am super happy with them, and hope you are too. I said to a friend the other day though to throw a bucket of cold water over me the next time I get a bright idea like this. Unless it is like childbirth where they say you forget the pain I won't be doing this again soon!

Been checking your website constantly to see if available to buy yet, but as yet still "pending". Just hope I catch it in time as busy time coming up and am surely to get distracted or forget.....no no nee no no.

Babalon Jones

Hi DownUnderNZer!

5/24/13 6PM EST I will have these available to buy on the site. (Not sure what time that is down under but it is a Friday night and a howlin' Sagittarius almost full moon heading into an eclipse, so seemed like a fun culmination to all this tin making!)

Some more info and pics on my blog, though some of the pictures you guys already saw. Except for the super cute one of my dog, bored with watching me make tins, haha.

http://blog.rosettatarot.com/2013/05/21/pocket-size-rosetta---in-a-tin-.aspx

Since it is a numbered edition someone will get number one, and the first few orders I will include something extra with.

DownUnderNZer

Hi DownUnderNZer!

5/24/13 6PM EST I will have these available to buy on the site. (Not sure what time that is down under but it is a Friday night and a howlin' Sagittarius almost full moon heading into an eclipse, so seemed like a fun culmination to all this tin making!)

Some more info and pics on my blog, though some of the pictures you guys already saw. Except for the super cute one of my dog, bored with watching me make tins, haha.

Since it is a numbered edition someone will get number one, and the first few orders I will include something extra with.

I will be wide eyed and bushy tailed and waiting up if all is well on my end. Bushy tailed at least. :D:D:D

Cant wait....I think it might actually be my Saturday, but will check EST 6pm and work off of that...thanks for the heads up. :)

DownUnderNZer

Hi DownUnderNZer!

:)Think I worked out the right time.

Im interested in the STAR as the one to go on the outside of the tin and Im also thinking of buying two.....

Babalon Jones

Just put these up on the website, fingers crossed it looks like it is up and running. Good luck everyone!

Bluefeet

Ordered. :D WooHoo!