Book recommendations: Lenormand

yaraluna

Any books recommendations for learning and using the Lenormand cards and system of divination?
I have seen a couple but no inside info available to review first, and I rather hear first from some of you on what your experience has been and which ones are must , and which ones to avoid.
thank you
Yaraluna

morganesky

I bought two recently and am pretty disappointed in both, so I am using the cards and the lwb's, and journaling their outcomes. Learning Lenormand seems to assume you have already read the other one, Secrets of the Lenormand, and spends far too much time differentiating lenormand from tarot. I do refer to the Secrets one more so for differing possibility on the cards, but didn't even finish the Learning Lenormand, waste of my money, which annoys me, as we don't have enough to waste.

SixDegrees

Yes, I agree--avoid Learning Lenormand at all costs. Personally, I've not heard of a truly helpful book in English yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for AndyBC's book...

Miss Divine

I have plenty of good ones, but they're in Dutch. German has even more on the market. I've seen Learning the Lenormand and have Sylvie's Secrets of the Lenormand. Of the 2, I would definitely go with Sylvie's.

Maybe join a Lenormand Study group? There's atleast 1 on facebook. Good luck! :)

yaraluna

thank you all for your feedback thus far!

Tag_jorrit

I, too, have been awaiting AndyBC's book. His old blogs were excellent.

Iris Treppner created a comprehensive course in English. She is German and the translation is a little strange in places but is a wonderful course and entirely traditional.

At this point in time there are many people who are teaching Lenormand. Some are long-time readers and are firmly grounded in the traditional methods. Others use the Lenormand cards and have their own fanciful approaches.

If you want to truly learn the Lenormand cards you need to be very careful about where you get your information. Otherwise you may as well make up your own meanings and spreads, like some of the non-traditional 'teachers' you can find.