Best Uses for Lenormand

Teheuti

What do you find are the best uses for a Lenormand deck versus another kind of divinatory or fortune-telling system? In what circumstances or kinds of questions/issues does it work best for you where other tools just don't work as well?

pluto'sapprentice258

What do you find are the best uses for a Lenormand deck versus another kind of divinatory or fortune-telling system? In what circumstances or kinds of questions/issues does it work best for you where other tools just don't work as well?

Lenormand is punchy. It doesn't require the attention Tarot does.Tarot wants to show the psychological processes and how we're relating to them - or not! Lenormand is therefore useful for quick answers - sentences which make up a story. Having said that it is possible to go deeper with Lenormand, but I find it differs from Tarot in that you have the *choice* to keep it simple, without it demanding too much from you, especially if all you want is a quick indication about something that's niggling you.

I often use Tarot and Lenormand together. For this reason, the nature of the questions I tend to ask them is almost identical -even when reading just one or the other. I ask both decks questions as mundane as "What can you tell me about the impending storm?", or as introspective as, "What does my Spirit guide want me to know now?"

I find Tarot thinks and Lenormand speaks. If I want to delve deep and gain a varied perspective on something, I'll ask both systems the same question - the results can be astounding. Watching how both systems begin to communicate with each other is even more incredible - there are numerical, numerological, elemental,symbolic, even astrological trends (if using an Astro Lenormand), to list just a few...

Hope this is helpful with answering your question Teheuti :D

little p
x

La Force

Thanks for posting this question.

Hmmmm, welll you have me thinking that's for sure. Little P. answered the tarot vs lenormand in perfect words for me.

Tarot yes is the counsellor or psychologist. I like tarot for the visual action images, its like how my brain works image wise, clips from a preview of a movie. However I choose decks that are action packed in their imagery, if not I wont touch the deck. I like lots of movement.

Lenormand is your best friend, who will tell it to straight without bs. I use lenormand to help me like (teacher) for grammar, creating sentences, verbally and written. This is actually very difficult for me, it forces me to think. Honestly I get tired very easily. Like today, I have been sleeping lots today, I feel really drained. When I approach it like Tarot or Scrying, then I am okay, I dont get so tired and drained. I dont like head aches due to having to consentrate on blending words to create a new word for pairs, or sentences then trying hard to remember keywords. Basically my brain function simply, (simple minded) The best way is to use the 1 symbol as simple as possible, just as a quick visual trigger, or I will end up sleeping for two to recoop.

I have runes, I find lenormand and runes the same, except I like picture cards, better than a symbol (letter) drawn. I know you can get rune cards, but it's not quite the same, even though they share same principles.

I also have I-ching, I find it to compicated, it's more thinking than my brain can handle. You need the book for this, but it's vague. Leaving you to ponder for weeks on end.

I also have a large 6" crystal ball for scrying, I find it to be the most easiest for me. I get very lucid visions.

I ask very simple questions, to help me cope in this world, I see two realities at the same time, I have actually been video taping what I see, because some days. It even happens when I am typing here on AT, I type, I know what typed post 5min later I will read my post and its not what I typed, iI will think I have hacker on my computer messing with me like remote networking.

I hope I have understood what your questions were. Sorry my mind is fogged today so no tarot / lenormand for me for couple days I need sleep, I just have to sleep it off.. bbl when my head is in a logical, reason mode cause its off right now. I can't mentally function today, miss fireing. Sorry

Glass Owl

When looking at Lenormand's strengths and what it answers well, I think it helps to compare and contrast it with Tarot's strengths. I like the analogy that Rana George uses in her book of Tarot being the pot and Lenormand being the pot's lid. (She also goes into detail about this in a Tarot Tribe podcast but sadly, I can't remember which episode.)

Lenormand As The Pot Lid
- the surface, what is in front of you
- day to day activities and events
- the tangible, the visible

Tarot As The Pot
- what is below, the hidden things
- the underlying factors and energies
- psychological aspects
- the archetypes

When it comes to doing readings on books, movies, tv show episodes, etc it seems that Tarot and Lenormand each have different strengths, things such as:

Lenormand
- Plot
- Events, happenings
- Identification of characters, settings, objects involved

Tarot
- Theme
- Character motivations and feelings
- Mood

Pam O

I often use Tarot and Lenormand together. For this reason, the nature of the questions I tend to ask them is almost identical -even when reading just one or the other. I ask both decks questions as mundane as "What can you tell me about the impending storm?", or as introspective as, "What does my Spirit guide want me to know now?"

I find Tarot thinks and Lenormand speaks. If I want to delve deep and gain a varied perspective on something, I'll ask both systems the same question - the results can be astounding. Watching how both systems begin to communicate with each other is even more incredible - there are numerical, numerological, elemental,symbolic, even astrological trends (if using an Astro Lenormand), to list just a few...

Hope this is helpful with answering your question Teheuti :D

little p
x
Hi little p, Have you posted your joint readings anywhere to take a peek at? :)
Great question Teheuti! :thumbsup:

andybc

Tarot is a deck of cards which has many different methods of reading i.e. Etteilla, Waite or Crowley. Lenormand is really one method (with a few off shoots) of reading reduced pips.

Lenormand can be used for anything. You can ask it any topic you would like. It just cuts to the heart of the matter in a way that can be blunt, even abrasive at times - it'll give you whys, wheres, hows but in a nonsense, no abstract or flowery speak. Tarot will do this too if you use the older cartomantic methods.

If you say to it why am I not getting a job, it's likely to point out that look a mess in interviews or you're punching above your weight. That is a reason.

Mixing the Tarot and petit-Lenormand is fine. But I'd say use the Tarot's trumps and fool card and leave the pips.