Best spread for love relationship

Angel7000

Hi everyone

I am Angel7000 from Belgium (Europe) I am new and not so experienced in Lenormand
I just started a course and have some books about Lenormand. I have a question about the spreads pf the cards.

What is the best spread for a clear view on a love relationship?

Please can you tell me witch spread gives the most information?

It's about a man and wife who are married. They are married for 10 years and know eachother for 18 years. In that marriage are some serious problems. The wife met recently a new man and she wonders if this man has honest feelings about her or not. That guy is a good friend of the family. How can I recognise this man in a spread an witch spread is the best?

Thank you for helping me Greetz
Angel

PS: Sorry for my bad English

Teheuti

There is really only one Lenormand spread - the Grand Tableau (GT). However, people use short layouts for quick answers, many of which are just segments of the GT. To get the full picture read the Grand Tableau. If you use a short spread, like a line of 3 or 5 cards, then be sure you ask a very specific question. Predictions are most accurate for only a couple of months into the future. There are plenty of examples in this forum.

Most people do not use Tarot-like spreads. For that, use Tarot or another oracle.

You can pre-select a card to represent either or both men - *making your intention very clear*. Choices for both the husband and the 'other man' include:

Gentleman Card - usually the Querent's "significant other."
Dog: a loyal and faithful friend (sometimes can be the husband)
Rider: an exciting, new person
Bear: a parental protector or mentor but with a tendency toward jealousy.

One possible spread is to select a card for the "other man" - say Dog, for instance. Shuffle the deck. Turn upright. Keeping the cards in their original order - find the Dog card. Take it with the four previous cards and the four cards that follow (keeping the same order). Turn these 9 cards face down and lay them out, from the top, in a Square of 9 (3x3 Layout):

1 - 2 - 3
4 - 5 - 6
7 - 8 - 9

Dog will be in position 5. Read the cards as a description of the other man in relation to this woman. A discussion of the Square of Nine layout is too complex to go into here if you aren't familiar with it.

(Or ask a different question about him.)

Angel7000

Thank you for the info

Thank you very much for your reaction

I will spread a GT an a spread of the example you show me over here.
I will post the spreads a.s.a.p.

It"s not easy for a beginner to read cards but I have to start somewhere :) .

Here in Belgium they use a lot of Lenormand and not often tarot so that"s why I will learn the Lenormand.

Friendy greetings from Belgium Europe

Angel

Angel7000

The GT spread

The GT spread gives following combination

!! small lettres means that the card is upside down !!!!

birds crossroads MOUNTAIN LILY tree MOON SHIP SNAKE CLOUDS
Fox COFFIN RING whip anchor scynthe key man fish
bear garden TOWER RIDER HEART house stars STORK flowers
SUN child clover MOUSE woman lettre DOG BOOK CROSS

A little bit extra info:
The woman but also the new man in her life are both married.
The husbond of the woman is much older than her but also the wife of the new man is an older woman. The new man has a daughter but the woman has no children. The two marrages have serious problems. The new man asked the woman for a time out so that he can think about what he must do with his marriage.
She is very confused because he says he loves her but he doesn't show her that.

Her queastions are:
The new man is not a saint and she knows that but she's in love with him and she hopes that he will com back to her. Will this happen?
Is the "new man" realy in love with the woman or is he liar?
Have the woman and the new man a future together?
Is he gonna leave his wife for her?

Thanks for your help

Greetings from Belgium Angel

Angel7000

The 1234 DOG 6789 spread that you learned me

If I understand correctly:

1. I shuffle the cards?
2. Then....I look for the DOG and take the 4 cards before the DOG and the 4 cards after the DOG
3. The following combination is
RING BEAR SCYNTHE MOUNTAIN DOG GARDEN ANCHOR STARS and HOUSE

Do I need to shuffle them and spread them in a 3x3????

Sorry for my many questions but I haven"t much experience with this :)

Greetings from Belgium
Angel

Teheuti

If I understand correctly:

1. I shuffle the cards?
2. Then....I look for the DOG and take the 4 cards before the DOG and the 4 cards after the DOG
3. The following combination is
RING BEAR SCYNTHE MOUNTAIN DOG GARDEN ANCHOR STARS and HOUSE

Do I need to shuffle them and spread them in a 3x3????l
Don't shuffle them again!

Lay them down in order: 1(Ring), 2, 3, 4, 5(Dog), 6, 7, 8, 9(House):

1 - 2 - 3
4 - 5 - 6
7 - 8 - 9

Here's some discussion on how to read the cards in this layout: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175716

Lee

Moderator note:

Hi Angel7000,

First of all, welcome to Aeclectic! :)

Regarding reversed (upside down) cards, although many readers read the cards any way they want, which can certainly include using card reversals, most readers who follow traditional methods to any extent will keep all the cards upright.

As far as posting specific readings here, you certainly may, however we ask that all members who post readings for input also give their own interpretations when they post the reading. This is so that the Aeclectic Forums can remain a place for learning and sharing, and so we can avoid people coming here just to have other people interpret their spreads without giving their own viewpoints in return.

We don't expect everyone to be an expert, there are plenty of people here who are beginners or near-beginners, but if you give it a try and give us some interpretation for each of the cards in your spread, and try to weave them together to tell a coherent story, then other members can come and offer their own suggestions.

So, everyone, please don't post suggested interpretations for Angel7000's reading until she posts her own interpretations.

Welcome again, Angel7000, we hope you stick around! :) You may want to check our our Lenormand Posting Rules and Lenormand Reading Posting Rules.

Cheers,
Lee, Lenormand Moderator

Angel7000

Hello Lee,

I have already a few interpretations but I just have to translate it from Dutch to English. So the first interpretation is coming your way I will post it asap Of course I will stick around because I will learn the Lenormand :)

I have another question Maybe you can answer that one.
"Regarding reversed (upside down) cards, although many readers read the cards any way they want, which can certainly include using card reversals, most readers who follow traditional methods to any extent will keep all the cards upright."

I wonder.....
If you use the upside down method don'n you get a whole different reading than when you only use the one way up method?

Greetings from Belgium Angel7000 xxx