Need help with my deck interview please

holykombucha

Hi, I'm brand new to tarot and to AT. I just did a deck interview with my Anna K tarot yesterday. For the question "What are your limitations as a deck?" I turned over the Queen of Pentacles.

I've studied the card, read the guidebook, but I'm a bit stumped. The only thing I'm getting is that the guidebook states that this Queen prefers community and doesn't like solitude, so the weakness could be that it needs to be used often? I don't know, I'm grasping at straws.

Any suggestions?

AnemoneRosie

Try looking at her reversed (or "ill-dignified") meaning. Does it resonate?

madhatter00o

Hi, I'm brand new to tarot and to AT. I just did a deck interview with my Anna K tarot yesterday. For the question "What are your limitations as a deck?" I turned over the Queen of Pentacles.

I've studied the card, read the guidebook, but I'm a bit stumped. The only thing I'm getting is that the guidebook states that this Queen prefers community and doesn't like solitude, so the weakness could be that it needs to be used often? I don't know, I'm grasping at straws.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to AT and to the fascinating world of Tarot! :) I'm sure you'll find the resources of the site, as well as the members here, very helpful! (That was not intended as an oblique compliment to myself, either... sorry, if it does end up sounding arrogant >_<;; )

As for the card!

The Queen of Pentacles as a deck's limitation could be that it (=the deck) might have a tendency to coddle you. This queen is one that is protective and nurturing, but to that extent might also try to protect you from unpleasant truths that you need to know.

Another interpretation might be that it (= deck) might provide you with too many possibilities, which could muddle your readings. Again, the Queen of Pentacles is an "earth mother" type (almost literally! XP), so she creates a fertile landscape for you to build on. If she does her job *too* well, you could end up with overabundance -- in this case, of possible directions, interpretations, and/or choices.

These are just the things that popped out at me. There are lots of ways to read the cards, and it really depends on one's personal associations with the iconography.

Good luck as you embark on your journeys through the Tarot! :D

dancing_moon

This deck's down-to-earthiness may be a limitation in itself. It'll do just fine with the nitty-gritty of everyday matters - money, job, household, romance, - but don't expect it to give you any subtle spiritual insights, deep psychological analyses or anything else of that 'New Age fluff' sort. :laugh:

Thoughtful

l would agree with dancing moon it is a very down to earth deck, but lovely. Its a no nonsense type of deck where the limitations could be in not showing you any more than an earthly view. Queen Pents is very up front and direct and says it like it is, she feels the responsibility of keeping it real. Maybe you are looking for a more intuitive and spiritual stance and the Queen Pents would think that way too airy fairy.

DesertDream

Pentacles/Coins types are very stubborn as well. Maybe you can play with this deck seemingly on its own, not your terms and may get cranky if you push the limits....btw great interps everyone!

holykombucha

Ahhh you guys are the best!

I initially thought this interpretation made the most sense "The Queen of Pentacles as a deck's limitation could be that it (=the deck) might have a tendency to coddle you. This queen is one that is protective and nurturing, but to that extent might also try to protect you from unpleasant truths that you need to know." However, I drew Queen of Swords for strength, which to me was saying that the deck would be clear and to the point. So those seem a bit at odds. Interesting perspective for sure.

Now this one may be it! "Pentacles/Coins types are very stubborn as well. Maybe you can play with this deck seemingly on its own, not your terms and may get cranky if you push the limits." I ignored my gut telling me not to, and went down a rabbit hole of yes/no questions with the deck and it appeared to toy with me. I got the feeling it did not want to be used in that manner again.

holykombucha

Queen Pents is very up front and direct and says it like it is, she feels the responsibility of keeping it real. Maybe you are looking for a more intuitive and spiritual stance and the Queen Pents would think that way too airy fairy.

^^ This makes sense as well. Thank you for your thoughts.

PAMUYA

What came to mind, this deck will keep you in your comfort zone. Mother you...Could mean many things depending on your personality.

Grizabella

The Queen of Pentacles is able to make use of every bit of whatever she's canning, sewing, etc. so she wastes nothing. She saves scraps of fabric from her sewing to make a quilt, saves apple parings to boil together to get the last of the color and tasted out of the apples and uses the resulting "broth" to make jelly, saves old clothing to use the good parts of the fabric to make other items---you get the idea. I interpret this card as saying that the Anna K will teach you how to get more meanings out of the cards you draw. You'll be inspired to glean more out of the readings you do because you'll see visual prompts that hadn't occurred to you before.

The Anna K is a wonderful deck. It's just full of new information to add to your standard meanings of each card.