Hermit + 10 Cups

eagle star

Hello everyone.

How would you read the Hermit + 10 cups as someone's role in your life.

The Hermit is like a master that guides and inlights you, but it's also a solitude card...the 10 cups is preatty much a dream card ("happilly ever after" sort of thing), so...I am not sure how to read this...
Could it be that this person has the purpose to reveal something new to me, to show me what I have always dreamed of? Could it be that it's purpose is to show me how to be alone and live happy with it?
What's your opinion on this?
thanks a lot.
eagle star

Puffette

he's your guiding light towards happiness

PAMUYA

The Hermit and the Ten of Cups: someones role in your life: the hermit is a solitary teacher, the Ten of Cups is the happily ever after card. His role is to teach you that happiness is found within, we all know that happily ever after is a fairy tale, life just does not work that way, life can be good, but there are ups and downs. The Hermit will show you the way to inner peace to happiness, to have balance in your life, to work on yourself. These lessons do not come easy, the Hermit will just point the way, you must walk the path alone. This person will not be there at the end of the rainbow, a stronger you will be there. This persons role is to teach you something, something profound about how you find hapiness, and it wont be found outside of yourself. ~ for me this ten does not carry a lot of weight, the Hermit for me does.

Lucas Prince of Cats

I see it like this. If you fuse 10 of cups and the hermit together, you get like a messiah card. Its basically someone who brings ofr shows the way to happinness, and could especially mean doing so by looking deep into themselves for the answers to happinness. Perhaps, think of a hbuddha.

Grizabella

The 10s are also endings of the suit, so this can mean that your relationship with a certain person has developed as far as it's possible to develop at this time. I've never seen it as being "happily ever after" because there isn't any such thing. Relationships all go through growing pains and there are times when the growing pains don't feel all that happy.

The Hermit has chosen solitude to stay aloof from the hustle and bustle and problems of everyday life. Maybe this person will teach you the benefit of solitude.

SweetSiren

The sight of these two cards together makes me think of a lyric- "I'm looking in on a good life I might be doomed never to find." This person's role isn't exactly one that will teach you a lesson- i think you're looking for too much meaning and depth here. This person will just make you yearn for that blissful picture. Nothing more, nothing less.

eagle star

Thank you guys for all your insights. Very inspiring.

Actually this was a question I wrote on my jornal about a year and a half ago...and I never understood what it meant.
After reading your posts I decided to ask the same question again, and this time I got 3 Wands + Temperance.

I think this may help to understand the previous 2 cards, since I'm using the Shadowscapes deck and I can find some similarities on the drawings between:
- The Hermit & 3 Wands (they both show a person alone with his back turned and facing something else that it's out there (is it a dream? An idea? A search for something different?)
- The 10 Cups & Temperance. (10 of cups shows two people mingling and hugging, and temperance card speak of mingling the oposites - water&fire, light&dark, male&female - in a moderate way so it can create something new).

How would you read the Hermit + 10 cups with this new inlight?

Thanks again for the help!

electricaluser

Hello everyone.

How would you read the Hermit + 10 cups as someone's role in your life.

The Hermit is like a master that guides and inlights you, but it's also a solitude card...the 10 cups is preatty much a dream card ("happilly ever after" sort of thing), so...I am not sure how to read this...
Could it be that this person has the purpose to reveal something new to me, to show me what I have always dreamed of? Could it be that it's purpose is to show me how to be alone and live happy with it?
What's your opinion on this?
thanks a lot.
eagle star
I'd read it as that there are no rules to love.