Tarot Exercises

Apryl

Hello Everyone! I was hoping some of you might have some suggestions...

A group I'm with wants to start having some fun and learning more about tarot, I want to lead some exercises/games to help them connect with the reading, and the symbolism behind the tarot, any ideas or suggestions of things I should do? I've gone through the reading circles and found some good ideas, but I couldn't find any threads specifically for exercises. Anything would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

~Apryl

nisaba

Pair them off, and get each person to draw a card, unseen. Then look at the card. Then talk about a neutral topic - the weather, perhaps - in character for the card.

ann823

Dusty White's first book The Easiest Way to Learn Tarot-Ever! would be perfect for this. There are a nice variety of games and exercises to take you from just starting with the cards to doing readings. He has a forum with a the exercises and quite a few podcasts I bet you'd find helpful.

Aeric

I'ved led Tarot workshops where everyone brings their decks and we did a group Celtic Cross reading spread on the floor with each person putting in a card and interpreting it. It was fun getting two Hermits from different decks and discussing what that implied. It's great for learning positions, exposing the group to many decks at once, and seeing how different people interpret the same things.

Apryl

These all sound like great ideas! Thanks everyone! <3