World Tarot Day plans anyone?

cbiz83

Happy World Tarot Day!

Nisaba has got me all excited about this already! :)
Will this be the year I do her infamous 42 card tarot spread on a towel? - World Tarot Day Spread It combines World Tarot Day and World Towel Day

YAAAAAAS! This!

It's not just World Tarot Day, as Dan quite rightly points out, but World Towel Day as well, to celebrate the life, work and death of Douglas Adams, mayherestinpieces. His totem number was 42, and his totem items a tin of olive oil and a towel. Ergo, world Towel Day celebrates him by carrying a Towel all day in public. And World Tarot Day should be celebrated by a Tarot reading, I combine them, and do a FORTY TWO CARD Tarot reading on a Towel. Usually a very large beach-towel. :)

I've been doing this for a few years. It's fun, and gobsmacks people in the parks or clubs where you lay out your forty-two card spread.

How about we all post our readings on this very thread?

Yes please! I'm so excited to do this today. Shall we take photos of the spreads too?

Happy World Tarot Day!

Redfaery

Happy world Tarot Day! I haven't even touched a deck today. What's wrong with me???

Calcifer

Well, I'm not doing any readings today, but I did decide to go back to public reading after a long, long hiatus. To commemorate the event, I'm going to sorta sell off a Tavalione's, "Stairs" of Gold" to fund my getting a nice, new spreadcloth for said return to public readings. Seemed like the perfect day for such a decision. Lord only knows just who'd want such a deck though...lol. It is currently listed over in Tarot Trading.
:)
Michael

ldiddy

Happy World Tarot (also towel) Day, AT'ers. So glad to have a community who appreciate Tarot with me.

Love your decks, love your readings, love each other!

Marcus R

I was thinking at work yesterday (I do that sometimes), about the meaning of life, the universe and everything and deep thoughts' answer.....42.

David Attenborough stated on one of his programs that the great triumph of any species was reproducing itself. The pinnacle of achievement in Tarot is the World card, numbered 21.
Male and female produce offspring, add their cards together and you get......42.

Coincidence or did Adams (or deep thought) know about Tarot.?

Shade

So for World Tarot day my initial plan was to read cards for free at a cafe I frequent but when I got there all the tables were filled inside. Deciding that this was an opportunity to try something different I went down the street to a mojito bar I hadn't been to in a long long time. I've recently become a rum obsessive so this seemed ideal.

I ordered a drink and laid out the spreadcloth and cards and right on cue the bartender asked what they were, one minute later I'm giving him a reading about his love life. he was a quiet one so I wasn't quite sure if it was going over well but when we were done he immediately bought me my second mojito for the evening.

A waitress watched us while I was reading and became client #2. We talked about a resurfaced romantic interest that came immediately after her recent engagement. When you are reading about two different men in a person's life and two knights appear in the spread opposite each other (and you've had two mojitos) you really feel like you're in the zone.

After that one a woman at the bar asked the bartender if she should move to Santa Cruz. I pulled a card, it was the Ace of Swords and I leaned over and said "Yes, it's time to cut loose." So then I read for her and her friend (thereby earning mojito #3).

A group of people who had been at the SF Giants game got curious and I ended up reading for each of them. now normally in a group of three people the woman who initially asks for a reading is the fun one to read for, her husband less so, and the gent who says he's a skeptic even less so. It was the reverse last night! She was a bit of a pain, asking lewd questions about each person in the cards but her husband was delightful (and showed up in her spread as the King of cups - the poor man) and the best of all was the skeptic who took time to reflect on each card as we went.

It was a very happy World Tarot Day; I read for seven people who had not had a reading before, received two free cocktails, and a $10 tip from a very relieved waitress.

Morwenna

Not having seen this thread, I forgot all about it... :(

nisaba

It was a very happy World Tarot Day; I read for seven people who had not had a reading before, received two free cocktails, and a $10 tip from a very relieved waitress.

Now, see? Public reading isn't hard at all!

With that experience fresh in everyone's minds, I'd go back really soon, speak to some of the same staff, and ask them if they can introduce their manager. Then ask him if you can have a regular weekly gig reading publicly there. Offer a quarter of your take for the house. :)

Luna's Crone

It's not just World Tarot Day, as Dan quite rightly points out, but World Towel Day as well, to celebrate the life, work and death of Douglas Adams, mayherestinpieces. His totem number was 42, and his totem items a tin of olive oil and a towel. Ergo, world Towel Day celebrates him by carrying a Towel all day in public. And World Tarot Day should be celebrated by a Tarot reading, I combine them, and do a FORTY TWO CARD Tarot reading on a Towel. Usually a very large beach-towel. :)

I've been doing this for a few years. It's fun, and gobsmacks people in the parks or clubs where you lay out your forty-two card spread.

gee. I wish i would have known that, i would have had a towel with me all day. When I was young, carried a hand towel in my purse for years. very few people understood.