Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 289 : February 11 - February 17

DaughterOfDanu

Froud's books that go with the Fae are a real hoot. I've done some biblomancy readings here using them.

If I'm grieving I go straight to Songs for the Journey Home
and lost, needing structure I go to the Greenwood.

Charlotte, that black edging looks great!
I'll have to give that a try! Froud's decks have such a lively energy to them.

Hey, DOD. I really like the Illuminati's RWS clone images, too. But I actually love the Apokalypsis minors -- especially the court cards. I feel like I'm getting more information than usual when I study them.

Compared to the Illuminati, the Apokalypsis feels alive with movement. On the other hand, the stylized magnificence of the Illuminati gives me life. (I tried attaching photos for comparison but the upload keeps failing.)

Both decks are full of light and color, but I see more shadow in the Apokalypsis.

I prefer the appearance of the Illuminati's matte-finish card stock, but the glossy Apokalypsis shuffles more easily. The gilded edges of the Illuminati are wearing away, but I think that lends a well-read look to it.

So, I can't pick a favorite yet. It might not even be possible. :D

I'll have to look at a flip through of both decks. I'm intrigued now! :) Thank you for giving me your experience so far!

VGimlet

Okay, all squared away, DoD, I replied to your post and then skipped adding you, sorry! :bugeyed:

But got it all fixed now. :rolleyes:

Home tomorrow to be dog nurse (he is doing much better, and we are hoping for a full recovery) and hopefully get caught up with all the stuff I didn't get to while we were in panic mode.

Amberjune

So relieved to hear that Hero is doing better, VGimlet. Thank you for the update. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a steady and full recovery.

Tarot-wise I am not connecting with the Cosmos Tarot & Oracle so far. Plus I do have some issues with the guidebook, it's a bit too linear/ binary for my taste. Will try a 'getting to know you' spread and see if that helps.

Carojulie

Mid-week update :

I am glad I took three decks with me this week. It is a lot for a single week, but as I am out of town I find it difficult to only bring only one deck on a trip (having to make a choice is so hard !)

But I am glad I took some variety with me :
Monday night I did a reading for a male friend. They were not attracted to either the Anna K nor the Clover (I suspect they found these decks too feminine and not gender neutral enough for them) They chose the Albano-Waite and commented on how beautiful the images were ! I am glad this very classical deck gets some love - and I will try to use it more in the future. I am always smitten with more modern decks and new art, but it's nice to come back to the basics sometimes.

Dogs&Coffee

So relieved to hear that Hero is doing better, VGimlet. Thank you for the update. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a steady and full recovery.

Tarot-wise I am not connecting with the Cosmos Tarot & Oracle so far. Plus I do have some issues with the guidebook, it's a bit too linear/ binary for my taste. Will try a 'getting to know you' spread and see if that helps.

I just got cosmos... I can see where you're coming from... they changed the meanings of some of the cards quite drastically and the artwork doesn't always connect. It's been accurate for me so far though. I think it would be better off used entirely an oracle.

Carojulie

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws

Hello,

I have questions about where to post draws made with my deck of the week :

Where should I post a reading that I made with my deck of the week - a reading involving several cards that I drew for someone else, not for myself ? The link provided for readings other than daily draws, seems to lead to an older thread reserved for daily draws before june 2016 ; so I do not think it is the right place for other types of readings ?
I see that in the current Daily Draws thread, some members post readings made with several cards so I though that maybe I should post my reading on this thread ?

Also, when I use oracle cards in readings, including daily draws, I usually just add one oracle card to my tarot cards, in the same draw. I very rarely draw an oracle card by itself or do a reading with only one oracle deck - so as my draws are based on tarot cards even if they include the odd oracle card, it makes more sense for me to stick to the tarot threads for posting my draws, than to go to the Oracle Daily Draw thread.
I hope it is not a problem if I mix in some oracle cards in my tarot draws and tarot readings, in the Tarot Daily Draw thread ?

Thank you ! I hope I was clear in my questions, I know I am not very concise but I hope at least my writing remains understandable !

Have a good rest-of-the-week everybody !
:)

VGimlet

Hello,

I have questions about where to post draws made with my deck of the week :

Where should I post a reading that I made with my deck of the week - a reading involving several cards that I drew for someone else, not for myself ? The link provided for readings other than daily draws, seems to lead to an older thread reserved for daily draws before june 2016 ; so I do not think it is the right place for other types of readings ?
I see that in the current Daily Draws thread, some members post readings made with several cards so I though that maybe I should post my reading on this thread ?

A very good question Carojulie, and I'm looking through the rules. According to the rules of each forum, if we are posting with tarot ONLY we can use the Tarot readings thread, if we are reading with a combo of Tarot and oracles we post those in the Oracles reading thread.

I haven't updated those threads in awhile, so I will do so now (and I'll post this in the new thread I'll be making later today as well.)
Those threads don't get a ton of use, but it's nice to have them when people want to use them.

Or you can post them here and talk about them as well. It is a little bit confusing, and I may talk to one of the mods at some point to make sure everything is copacetic with them.

Carojulie

Hi VG thank you so much for taking the time to inquire about my question !
I saw your detailed answer on the new DOTW thread, and I am going there right now to chat about my new deck for the coming week.
Thank you again :)

Amberjune

Cosmos Tarot & Oracle

I just got cosmos... I can see where you're coming from... they changed the meanings of some of the cards quite drastically and the artwork doesn't always connect. It's been accurate for me so far though. I think it would be better off used entirely an oracle.

Yes, I've come to the same conclusion. Will be using it as a way to work with, learn about and connect to the constellations. Artwork quite often doesn't resonate for me....