Buying from Amazon

Barleywine

I love buying from Amazon :) it's the only online shop I get my decks from.
I agree - it can be confusing since some descriptions might not be clear whether you're getting the book or a deck or both, but you can check the reviews. But I don't really mind whether I get the book or not. Most decks usually come with LWB and that's enough for me.

Absolutely read all of the reviews (people aren't shy about complaining) and also check the "percentage of positive experiences" in the available seller listing.

gregory

There's one on a Czech site, if you want to give it a shot:

Here

It's CHEAP so may be worth a punt.

3ill.yazi

Sometimes having the isbn # helps because it's different for the book/deck vs deck only issue. But I generally prefer eBay for used decks. The one exception was I was able to find the Grand Etteilla deck new for $25. For some reason eBay sellers treat it as some out of print rarity, which it is not.

Le Fanu

It's so utterly baffling to me how amazon haven't sorted this perennial worry out. I mean, a seller gets an item - surely it isn't too much to ask to have it listed as either book only or deck only or book + deck. I mean, how difficult is that?

They manage to differentiate dog collars by size or toothbrushes by the hardness of the bristles or what size a frying pan is - I mean, really , how difficult is this ffs? It leads to endless worry and wasteful returns and complaints and STILL they don't get it. This in itself is enough to boycott amazon for deck buying. In fact - come to think of it - I don't buy market seller decks on amazon because you just never know!

NaterXander

There's one on a Czech site, if you want to give it a shot:

Here

It's CHEAP so may be worth a punt.

Thank you, I definitely would have tried ordering from there as it is cheap but it says Stock: 0 Complete, so I think it's sold out and they also don't ship to anywhere in the US.

lantana

So this has definitely turned me away even more so from attempting to get it from Amazon. What are some good places to find tarot decks? I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells the Animals Divine Tarot. I know it's OOP, so it'll be difficult, but I haven't found a single one yet.

For OOP decks, other than here I think eBay might be a good bet. Sellers on eBay are usually better about telling you all the details.

For in general, I've used Books Depository quite a few times. I think every time I have bought a deck on Amazon it's been through their account on there! Bookstores like Barnes & Noble and Half Price would work too. (Half Price might actually have some OOP decks as well.)

RiverRunsDeep

I'm a little nervous buying decks from Amazon because a lot of the listings either say "includes book only," or "may not include supplemental material" or no description at all. I'm looking to buy the Animals Divine Tarot, but I'm afraid if I buy it on Amazon it'll only be the book and then I'll have to go through the whole return process which would be a nuisance for both parties involved. So has anyone run into this problem buying on Amazon?

I'm hoping since it's a generic item description they just put it on all of their book listings and they're more talking textbook access codes and such and not actually the tarot deck, but I'd rather play it safe.

Yes, I have run into this problem and I agree, it is better to play it safe! I only feel confident purchasing a deck from Amazon if it is a recent deck creation. For older and out of print decks, I will only purchase it if I am able to get a clear response from the seller about what they are selling. As others have posted, it is easier to get a clear response from sellers here on the forum, or from sellers on ebay.

blackmoonbee

I only purchase if fulfilled by Amazon or Amazon Prime eligible and that has worked well for me. TBH I try to avoid Amazon for decks.

Siavahda

Hi guys! Loooooooong-time Amazon customer speaking here, who's had the same problems: if you aren't sure if the third-party sold deck includes the book/deck, and the seller can't tell you for sure, you can contact Amazon themselves to ask if that listing (the ISBN number the seller says they're selling) is a book-and-deck set or not.

I recently had an experience where the seller wasn't sure if the deck was included or not, but Amazon confirmed that that item SHOULD include the deck. When I received it, it was, alas, only the book (Lisa Hunt's Divine Animals - sigh. I was so hopeful), but I was able to return it and get my money back because it wasn't as described.

I don't know if that helps anybody...At least, it might justify taking the risk on buying, since you can definitely return it if it's not what you were supposed to be getting.

AJ

So this has definitely turned me away even more so from attempting to get it from Amazon. What are some good places to find tarot decks? I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells the Animals Divine Tarot. I know it's OOP, so it'll be difficult, but I haven't found a single one yet.

this deck is out of print, I found mine with Spanish titles and considered myself lucky.
I have shopped on Amazon in different languages also, my Chrome browser translates them enough that I haven't gotten in trouble.