When the death card means real death

Ligator

The combination of two cards that points in the same direction, is a strong combination! 10 of swords and death...

I sometimes use two set of cards. The same set of cards (Thoth), but two sets. And when the same card shows up close to each other or together it strengthens and worsens the message of the card.

/torbjörn

elenamhs

death predicted with inheritence cards

I have had death card with various inheritence cards when my aged rich and beloved uncle was getting ready to pass. He had been sick in various ways for a long time.

It pretty well painted out the picture for me.

It was a kind thing to see how things were shaping up for him, and allowed me to be prepared for the inevitable. It also kept me vigilant about keeping up my heavy visiting schedule with him since he had no children and needed someone who really loved him to keep visiting. There had been a family estrangement so many of my relatives refused to visit him.

I was glad to know what was coming. It allowed me to be a better niece.

This is, what I believe, is the purpose of predicting death via the tarot: To better prepare us for our challenges; not to scare us or depress us.

We all will die. It is an important idea to get used to. I think I have made my peace with it.

And yes, I did get an inheritance along with the rest of my family members, whether they visited him or not. Bless his sweet soul.

KCB

I really agree with Elena. The presence of cards like death and the tower in the pack remind us that death is inevitable and we will experience it in many different guises during our lives, before coming to our own. I have had three deaths in my life in the last 12 months, a friend, a family member and my much treasured cat, so this subject is very strong for me, and my sympathies to everyone else on this thread who is also in mourning. My cat was the most recent, she died in Feb. The day before I was to take her to the vet to get the worst suspicions confirmed, I got the Tower and the 9 Swords. It was her body that was breaking up and me in deep anguish and sorrow. (She on the other hand was much more together than i was, even managing to purr even though she was so ill.) I knew with those cards that time was very short, and while i was still devastated, I was still able to cope a bit better somehow.

elenamhs

I'm sorry to hear of your losses, KCB. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

One thing I learned about losing the ones closest to me is that they don't really leave us--rather they actually become part of us--closer than they ever were when they were in this world. They live IN you, as close as your own heart--they become part of your heart--they become part of you as they never did before. This grows over time as you integrate the transition. I think it is THE POINT of being in life together.

Sincerely,

Elena

pippi

An accurate death prediction with 10 of Swords & Death cards...

I drew the Ten of Swords and Death cards for my daily draw last Friday, and my stepfather's brother passed away the next day.

I thought the combination of those two cards might be indicating a physical death, but I thought it was regarding my father, who is in the hospital for kidney failure, and hooked up to dialysis. It turns out my stepfather's brother, on the other side of the country, was also in the hospital for the same reason, hooked up to dialysis for kidney failure.

The deck I was using was Tarot Nova, of all decks! But it was seemingly meant to be, as the 10 of Swords in this particular deck is unlike most others. It gave me a feeling of someone willingly undergoing medical treatment, with the pain controlled...which was accurate in this situation.

This was the first time that I personally experienced the feeling that the cards were indicating a physical death. I know many readers are afraid to touch this subject... But while the Death card rarely indicates a physical death, it doesn't make sense to rule it out completely. Death is a part of life, and as the cards address all aspects of life, I see no reason why death shouldn't be included. I was intrigued by the accuracy of these two cards coming up for me, but I'm honestly not sure how I would approach the message received if I saw this in a reading for someone else...

elenamhs

I suppose, like everything else, it depends on the person you are reading for. I can well imagine it both ways: trying to give a light interpretation if I felt unsure or if the person seemed anxious or immature; or if the person were mature and calm I might ask if some situation were going on that these cards might be addressing. Then after feeling it out a bit, we could discuss options of what these cards might be trying to tell us.

I think I would decline to make certain pronouncements though.

PentQueen

My regular reader predicted physical death of a male in my family when the Death and Tower cards showed up along with the 9 and 10 of swords.

Turns out it was just my relationship break-up...which felt a lot like death actually.

I remember she got a jolt when she saw these cards together; she seemed a bit unsure of her prediction, almost obligated to call it 'death' becuase of the deadly card combination. It was one of the only times I've seen her a bit hesitant in her communication. And we were indeed talking about my relationship first, but for some reason she swayed to the death topic when seeing these cards.

Just confirms that it's always best to go with one's gut, I suppose!

SillySicilian

Death Card and 10 of Swords

Very interesting thread.
Thank you!

EmpyreanKnight

Death + The Devil + Ace of Swords

lantana

I've actually heard of a few stories in which the Wheel of Fortune predicted a death, which I think is a very interesting take on the card. But like many have said on this thread, death is a natural, unavoidable part of the merry-go-round of life.

As for personal experiences, I've had the Three of Swords come up many times for the death of pets. Kind of adds to the emotional baggage many have with that card!