"Dark" RWS Clone - does anyone own this deck?

photokat

The card backs look nice, too.
I had initially found this on Ebay , bookmarked it, and it was sold 30 minutes later already.

The auction (Nr 170415659401 on Ebay) came with following text:

NEW! Limited Edition.
Only 100 decks produced.
SPECIFICS:
Each card measures 4.5" X 2.75", Printed on #110 acid free cardstock. Major Arcana cards include star symbols (where appropriate). Each card has a number denoting its place in the deck, all of the face cards of the Minor Arcana carry an I Ching symbol representing the cards attributes through combination's of Earth, Fire, Water & Air.
For Sale is the 'Dark Deck', deck Number 9/100. All 78 cards.
Includes a numbered, signed, genetically signed, Certificate of Authenticity
& Handcrafted matching storage bag.

Attachments

• rwsclone.jpg
    rwsclone.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 221

strings of life

photokat said:
I emailed the maker to find out what the "Deluxe" version of the deck entails or what the difference is between deluxe the standard one.
I caved in and asked too.

Morwenna

Someone's just having too much fun with the RWS!

I like them both. They're not exactly alike either; a few cards are different--the Magician for example. They're pretty cool. Amazing how some of them are so very much like the RWS and others are so different in art style.

ahclem

Morwenna said:
Amazing how some of them are so very much like the RWS and others are so different in art style.
Some of the cards also reference other pieces of art. Note the VIII of Swords quoting Bouguereau's Venus.

Lee

Wow, what great artwork! I want them both!

Besides the coloring, I can't see any difference in the artwork between the two decks except for the Magician. Can anyone with sharper eyes than mine see any other differences?

The skulls on the Cups are an interesting choice... it makes sense for the dark deck but I think it's kind of weird for the light deck...

photokat

nisaba said:
I wouldn't call it dark, though. More - idiosyncratic.

I agree with you on the deck not being dark. Therefore, it's just "dark".

The more I look at the images, the more intrigued I am with this ... The creator will probably be a bit baffled by all the emails from the Tarot Monsters ... hehe

Filipa

wow
i really liked the look of both decks but specially the sepia one
i don't think it is dark at all
it's just..gorgeous!

morticia monroe

Waaaaaahhh!!

Get thee behind me, enabler! It's the holidays and I just can't. I'd buy it just for that Judgment card.

Queen of Disks

WAAAAANNNNNTTTT!!!!!!

No seriously, that may be the deck I've always wanted. :bugeyed: