Ascendant ruling planet jupiter dilemma.

Sharla

Im doing an analysis on someones chart and his AC is Sagittarius, ruling planet Jupiter.

Now my dilemma is, his Jupiter is in Scorpio, which is also his sun sign and we also have a stellium in this placement too, so how would this affect his AC....would this weaken its affects ?

Added extra : Going on any aspects for jupiter he has jupiter which is 16 degrees scorpio, in opposition to chiron which is 26 degrees taurus in the 6th house.

Minderwiz

To take your last question first:.

The separation of Jupiter and Chiron is 10 degrees. Most Astrologers would not treat this as an effective opposition. If you believe that Chiron has any huge significance, and a lot of modern Astrologers (and virtually all traditionalists) ignore it, then you might think twice before dismissing it but I'd ignore this in any analysis.

On your main point. Jupiter is the Ascendant ruler and is a signifier of the native in terms of their physical body and their spirit. Jupiter and it's condition are one of the main indicators of how well they stear a course through life. If Jupiter is in the same sign as the Sun, then you need to check to see if it's combust or under the Sun's beams. That would weaken it, unless it was in one of it's own dignities or in a perfect conjunction. I use the Hellenistic measure of within 15 degrees others ma use the medieval 17 degrees. Effectively Jupiter is blinded by the Sun.

Jupiter's house position is important. Two possibles are; firstly, Jupiter is positioned in the twelfth house. This is a difficult position and would weaken Jupiter still further. Secondly, If Jupiter is in the eleventh then the reverse is true; Jupiter is strengthened.

The next thing you should check is the position of Mars, Jupiter's ruler. This is a day chart, as the Sun is above the horizon. Jupiter is particularly benefic in a day chart. That's a good situation. Unfortunately, Mars is the most difficult planet in a day chart, so you don't want it making life to difficult. Mars in Pisces, Sagittarius or Cancer would be a good placement or a trine or sextile to Jupiter, which would bring reception - Jupiter is welcomed into Scorpio.

The stellium you refer to is the last thing to look at,. What are those other planets? Mercury and or Venus are the most likely. Venus would boost a little. Saturn is not so difficult in a day chart... treat it as neutral. Ignore the outer planets at this stage. If you want to use them, then add them in later, once you have the basic picture. Mars would signify some difficulty, though it would also bring reception so the difficulty would be mitigated.

Sharla

To take your last question first:.

The separation of Jupiter and Chiron is 10 degrees. Most Astrologers would not treat this as an effective opposition. If you believe that Chiron has any huge significance, and a lot of modern Astrologers (and virtually all traditionalists) ignore it, then you might think twice before dismissing it but I'd ignore this in any analysis.
Basically 95% of his planets are in the 1st quadrant, and his chiron is opposite these, so i have a feeling it is of significance.
On your main point. Jupiter is the Ascendant ruler and is a signifier of the native in terms of their physical body and their spirit. Jupiter and it's condition are one of the main indicators of how well they stear a course through life. If Jupiter is in the same sign as the Sun, then you need to check to see if it's combust or under the Sun's beams. That would weaken it, unless it was in one of it's own dignities or in a perfect conjunction. I use the Hellenistic measure of within 15 degrees others ma use the medieval 17 degrees. Effectively Jupiter is blinded by the Sun.
Im still learning Astrology, so some of this im not familiar with, that you mention....what does combust mean ? And ive not even got to the stage of analyzing the degrees yet, even though i do know degrees do make a difference.
Jupiter's house position is important. Two possibles are; firstly, Jupiter is positioned in the twelfth house. This is a difficult position and would weaken Jupiter still further. Secondly, If Jupiter is in the eleventh then the reverse is true; Jupiter is strengthened.
Jupiter is is his 11th house, where there is the stellium. Why Would Jupiter being in the 11th house make his AC stronger ? Would this be because of the 11th house traits being similar to Sagittarius ?
The next thing you should check is the position of Mars, Jupiter's ruler. This is a day chart, as the Sun is above the horizon. Jupiter is particularly benefic in a day chart. That's a good situation. Unfortunately, Mars is the most difficult planet in a day chart, so you don't want it making life to difficult. Mars in Pisces, Sagittarius or Cancer would be a good placement or a trine or sextile to Jupiter, which would bring reception - Jupiter is welcomed into Scorpio.
Here i don't understand what you mean by a "day chart", this is a natal chart im working on.
The stellium you refer to is the last thing to look at,. What are those other planets? Mercury and or Venus are the most likely. Venus would boost a little. Saturn is not so difficult in a day chart... treat it as neutral. Ignore the outer planets at this stage. If you want to use them, then add them in later, once you have the basic picture. Mars would signify some difficulty, though it would also bring reception so the difficulty would be mitigated.

The other planets in the stellium are sun, venus, pluto, saturn, but then again i don't understand what you mean by a day chart ?

Chanah

A day chart means a person was born in the daytime - when the sun is above the horizon.

Minderwiz

Basically 95% of his planets are in the 1st quadrant, and his chiron is opposite these, so i have a feeling it is of significance.Im still learning Astrology, so some of this im not familiar with, that you mention....what does combust mean ? And ive not even got to the stage of analyzing the degrees yet, even though i do know degrees do make a difference.Jupiter is is his 11th house, where there is the stellium. Why Would Jupiter being in the 11th house make his AC stronger ? Would this be because of the 11th house traits being similar to Sagittarius ? Here i don't understand what you mean by a "day chart", this is a natal chart im working on.

Chiron is at best a 50/50 planet in terms of astrological use. Given that many Astrologers don't use it, as a beginner you should treat it with some care. It's something you might add in later, but don't rush in now. Before you get to it, you need to be good with the classical 7 and then move on to the outers, if you think it will help. The classic 7 are the most important planets. The others may add further information but that isn't always the case.

Combust means that the planet can't be seen at night because it's too close to the Sun. The lack of visibility is a weakening factor. Roughly speaking planets disappear from view around 15 - 17 degrees from the Sun and reappear (the other side of the Sun) about the same distance. Hellenistic Astrology used a blanket 15 degrees, Medieval Astrology, which in fact lasted well into modern times, used a three fold system. within 17 degrees the planet became 'under the beams' within 8 degrees it became combust and within 17 minutes, it becam cazimi, which was taken as a position of strength. When Astrology was revived in the early twentieth century, these distinctions fell out of use. I think the main reason for that is that if they were retained, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto and indeed all the other planets added in would have to be taken as powerless. Now some of us think that is the case anyway but I don't want to bias you too much. The lack of visibility of a normally visible planet is worth considering as a weakness, even if you use the outers and the rest.

The eleventh house is a strong house, it's succeedent to the tenth. That is as the day goes on the sign and planets in the eleventh will move into the tenth and become angular. The eleventh is also sextile to the Ascendant, if you are using whole sign houses, which is a good situation. Now you aren't using whole sign houses, but you can still take the eleventh's nature as a succeedent house as strengthening Jupiter.

Sharla said:
The other planets in the stellium are sun, venus, pluto, saturn, but then again i don't understand what you mean by a day chart ?

I'm sorry, I should have made the nature of a day chart clear. I'm glad Channah stepped in to answer that. The distinction between day charts (ones where the Sun is above the Ascendant/Descendant axis) and night charts (where it is below) is another one that doesn't get used much by modern Astrologers. It's a pity because the Moon rules night charts and plays a much fuller role than it does in the psychological approach.

Venus with Jupiter adds some strength to it, especially if it is close. Again Pluto as an outer is best added in when you are sure of the others. However most modern Astrologers treat Pluto as being 'malefic' in nature. That is it hinders or makes matters worse rather than better. Pluto is not as strong as Venus or Jupiter so don't take that as being the kiss of doom to your chart. I get along well without Pluto but if you want to add it in as you progress then you are of course very free to do so.