Mermaids and Dolphins by Gillian Kemp

Aerin

6HD, thank you for this new perspective! :)

I was thinking, do I get it just for the book? Will I hate the art?

But I shall keep my order intact and post here when the deck arrives.

Aerin x

Aerin

Finally, finally...

Amazon cancelled the deck, and then when I searched i found out why: they've relisted with a much cheaper price. They've done that to me a few times recently.

I do like it. Lots of interest in the book, which you do need: the messages on the cards are very light and fluffy compared to what is in the book IMO.... they aways put the positive spin on things. Which is probably a good thing if you are feeling fragile.

Aerin

FaireMaiden

New to this thread, so must ask-- now that a bunch of you have gotten the deck, would any of you be willing to post some scans of it, front and back? Thanks, kids, *vvvbs*

cardlady22

*bumping so I can find this again*

MareSaturni

cardlady22 said:
*bumping so I can find this again*

LOL!

If I recall well, this is the one Gillian Kemp deck that was not illustrated by Emma Garner :(. But it's pretty nonetheless!

autumn star

I found this deck a few weeks ago and it has been on my maybe list ~ I love all ocean themed stuff but I read some less than glowing reviews of it so I decided to think about it rather than rushing into buying it.

Does anyone know where it is sold? Amazon.com has some in it's market place but they are generally more expensive for me to buy from with their shipping rates.

strings of life

Thanks for bumping this thread cardlady22. Me and the ocean themed decks...

I love the artwork, but dislike the words on the cards (just like her other decks). It's a bit too cute for me, if that makes sense.

Aerin

Mine went to a good home. Too fluffy for me.

cardlady22

My copy arrived today! It says Cico Books, ISBN: 978-1-904991-76-2 (US) ~ yellow background on cover

I like the art, but not the "sentence" on each card. I shall try to ignore them, I think. The book lists a single keyword under each card, but there are 2 using the word Caution
41 The Right Whale *this is the one I would find a substitute for
47 Charybdis and Scylla