Best Hierophant?

.traveller.

Thank you both for the clarification on the Arthurian Hierophant, I had previously disregarded it based on composition. However, since I am now reminded of the art and music of poetry... so far, that is the only one that embraces that important aspect of the Hierophant. Sometimes I need to be reminded of the obvious because I get lost in the nuances.

I'll have to dig up the one from the Maroon, I haven't seen it yet. The same with the Victoria Regina and the Vertigo.

Shadowscapes - there is something of wisdom in every tree, they go hand in hand. I really like the nature aspect, too bad he looks so stern.

I'm not "getting" the Baccus as Hierophant connection, is there any place to see the whole deck? It may make sense to me if I saw it in context.

Thanks all :)

elvenstar

Another one I like and isn't listed here I think, is the on from the Deva. It's not your typical hierophant, I think he was supposed to be an Arabian warrior/poet/scholar/hero.

.traveller.

elvenstar said:
Another one I like and isn't listed here I think, is the on from the Deva. It's not your typical hierophant, I think he was supposed to be an Arabian warrior/poet/scholar/hero.

uh oh. Now you've done it... I *really* like those cards.

elvenstar

Hehe, that's what happened to me too, I saw them in a thread and before I knew it, I was the proud owner of a deva deck ;) It's the only deck I ever bought within 10 minutes of being aware of it's existence! I forgot to say, it has a fifth suit, for spirit.

.traveller.

It sure is an attention grabber! I've already emailed an online retailer to see if they will let me purchase with a check rather than a CC, and I have listed it as a want in my trading thread as a back up plan.

I'm still looking through the cards, they are so sensual... like vintage perfume advertisements.

I had a feeling this would happen, since if I like the Hierophant, I tend to look at the other cards to see if I'll like the deck as a whole. I'd been lucky so far in that everything mentioned, I either have, is out of print, or not published yet.

weaver

Though admittedly not from a readily available Tarot deck, the Heirophant in the Blue Rose Tarot is my favorite. :love:

weaver

Attachments

• Heirophant.jpg
    Heirophant.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 130

Parzival

Best Hierophant ?

Beautiful picture, Weaver. Another "best" Hierophant is the Voyager.