Tarot in 2009

Mellaenn

Nevada, I really like your idea of studying a card each week. I was trying to get my tarot group to do that but I think the idea appealed more to me than the rest of the group, so I'll just do my own thing.

My main areas to focus on will be:

1 - Begin a study of the Thoth deck (that I have been putting off for awhile)
2 - Attend the NY Reader's Studio for the first time
3 - Do as many readings as I can possibly can

I only have a few decks in my collection. I always need time to study them, so it takes me awhile.

LostEvi

I plan on really learning to read the cards well
I plan on blogging about the Tarot
and I plan on getting more decks!

Deacon76

Taking the plunge and going live, in person pro is my main tarot goal.

Saving enough money to check out the Readers' Studio, perhaps in 2010, is secondary.

hshaffery

I plan to thoroughly study my Magical Forest deck, since I've had it since June and am still rather unfamiliar with much of it.

PAMUYA

Nevada said:
I'm wondering what people are planning as far as Tarot use, learning, studies, and anything else related to Tarot for 2009.

I decided to do a year-long intense Tarot study, not of any particular deck, but of the 22 major arcana and the 14 levels of minor arcana (Aces through 10s, Pages, Knights, Queens, Kings). I plan to give each major one week, and each level of the minors 2 weeks, for a total of 50 weeks. At first I planned to do them in order, first the Fool through World, and then Aces through Kings. But then I decided to make it a sort of year spread for my year ahead. I removed all but one suit and the majors from a deck, shuffled it, then drew a card for each one or two week period at random. The Kings will ring out this old year and ring in the new as my first two-week study. I actually started my study day before yesterday, since I want to start each new segment on a Monday. At the end of the year, with the time remaining, I'll do a one week study of the suits, and then a week of review.

My process will include studying the cards from about 9 favorite decks, some of which I haven't yet used very much but love -- such as the Golden Tarot, which I've sadly neglected since purchasing it. I'll be journaling about the cards, reading about them, and I may even do a little painting, since I hope to create my own deck (for my personal use and to read for others) eventually.

I already have my new weekly calendar set up to chart my way through this study.

How do you plan to Tarot your way through 2009?

Great idea! I wrote a journal last year on the RWS deck(each card) it ended up being the size of a small book. This year I am going to write a journal on the new Legacy deck by Ciro, my own thoughts and meanings on each card, Major and minor. As my tarot knowledge grows, my thoughts on the cards have changed. It will be interesting to compare my two journals when the second one is complete.

I do not planning on getting any other decks(I have RWS, Gilded, and Legacy), but one never knows ;)

Good luck to you. Are you going to post your journal somewhere on line?

thorhammer

I've been finding myself (pleasantly) moving out of my Tarot box and into Oracle mode a bit more. So I plan to be a confident Lenormand reader (not necessarily competent, though :laugh:) by the end of the year, and I want to be well-enough acquainted with my Oracle of the Radiant Sun and Moon Oracle that I can read with them effortlessly.

I will be acquiring more decks, too. I don't feel the need to apologise for that. I hope that I can get as many as possible from ATers, to help their mission to downsize, to pass fundage to people rather than corporations and to support my ethos of second-hand is best.

\m/ Kat

afrosaxon

hshaffery said:
I plan to thoroughly study my Magical Forest deck, since I've had it since June and am still rather unfamiliar with much of it.

I have that deck too! It's deceptively cute. :D

T.

bluecaffeine

I plan to learn more about the history, (numerology, kabbalah) of Tarot.

Gavriela

Selling most of my decks, and doing a lot less tarot. I still enjoy some, but I've stopped teaching, and I'm very happy about that. I no longer read tarot professionally, just oracles, and I'm really happy about that, too. But I'm finding I can enjoy tarot once in a while by myself - and that's good.

For the most part though, I'm out of it, taking a very demanding course on astrology (my first love), and continuing with system-style oracles like the Lenormand and Eltynne.

Strange2

For my Tarot activities in 2009, I plan on:

- Drawing my own Tarot (an ongoing work, slow but oh so rewarding)
- Selling some decks from my collection (down-sizing and releasing seldom used decks for others to explore)
- Continuing to blog on Tarot and other esoteric topics