The All Things "Baba" Thread

prudence

I have the big messenger bag, (Alice and the Hookah Smoking Caterpillar) as well as the Wirth Moon sling. Love them both.

AprilFool

I JUST ordered my first sling bag (the gold Klimt print with copper back). I think it will be stunning!

I also added to my deck bag collection with an Alice print (Tea Party, Teal back), along with that amazing tarot bag of "The Fair Face" with the burnt orange kimono silk backing!!! I e-mailed Karen to see if they can tuck them into my BoGo Pewter shipment if it hasn't yet been posted to the U.S.!! Can't wait!

GadgetGirl

AprilFool said:
I JUST ordered my first sling bag (the gold Klimt print with copper back). I think it will be stunning!

I also added to my deck bag collection with an Alice print (Tea Party, Teal back), along with that amazing tarot bag of "The Fair Face" with the burnt orange kimono silk backing!!! I e-mailed Karen to see if they can tuck them into my BoGo Pewter shipment if it hasn't yet been posted to the U.S.!! Can't wait!

Oh I LOVE the Fair Face!! I got that in Teal and its absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I only got it last week and it's still in its plastic until I can think of what use I'm going to put it too. But its so lovely I had to have it.

greatdane

AprilFool, just got my first sling

About a week ago, and it's really incredible. They're so attractive and different, I see them as a fashion accessory like jewelry! I love how it's padded too. Enjoy!

Le Fanu

baba delivery today. I got my RWS Moon bag and also what was described as the "yellow, floral-backed Bone Chapel bag"...

I couldn't believe this Bone Chapel bag when I opened it up. It just took my breath away. I had never seen it in the store before and suddenly early last week there it was (Id only ever seen the Bone Chapel bag with a red background).

It says yellow, but it looks more like burnished Renaissance Gold. So sumptuous. It is for my "carry-around" pewter BG. Absolutely stunning. I can't stop looking at it and the drawstring is almost wire, twisted gold wire. Incredible. I think it is my favourite baba bag to date... How on earth did that stay on the shelf longer than 5 minutes?

OctoberGwen

Le Fanu said:
I couldn't believe this Bone Chapel bag when I opened it up. It just took my breath away.

It sounds fabulous. What a lovely surprise! Do you think you can post a pic?

I felt that way when I opened my BG Moon bucket bag with silver velvet. I sort of bought it on a whim; I didn't have any buckets and the print is being discontinued, after all... Geez, when I drew that baby out of its plastic I actually gasped. It is beautiful to behold and very sensuous as well: soft, silky and lush to the touch. I *adore* this bag.

baba-prague

GadgetGirl said:
But please let this be a "happy" thread. If you have an issue with recent events, please take it to Baba directly (as our Mods have requested elsewhere) and lets keep this thread happy and upbeat.

Just to come in to say that the sheer emotion around those limited edition bags selling out really did take us aback. As Tatiana said to me today, in her still-learning English, "Was good, but was bad." Exactly!

The second batch of LE bags should fix the immediate issue but more generally what we have learned from it is that it will be best in future to release limited edition things in batches - so time zones don't matter so much (though I refuse to get up at 3 in the morning to list ;) ) and that we need to maybe get some idea of likely interest in advance.

Around the Alice deck (probably this time next year) we plan several very limited things, one of which is something we have never done before and which we will now have a better strategy for releasing. I hope.

But it's not what Nisaba thinks - it's something else.

She said mysteriously.

AprilFool

baba-prague said:
Just to come in to say that the sheer emotion around those limited edition bags selling out really did take us aback. As Tatiana said to me today, in her still-learning English, "Was good, but was bad." Exactly!

The second batch of LE bags should fix the immediate issue but more generally what we have learned...it will be best in future to release limited edition things in batches - so time zones don't matter so much... maybe get some idea of likely interest in advance.
Awe, Karen, you are awesome! Thanks for being so responsive and caring! That's why we all love doing business with a friend! Tell Tatiana it's ALL good, now! :D

Ashtaroot

Great customer service :) that is why I'm not worried all will be well...

I also love my RW empress bag I have the PCS in it aahhh

OctoberGwen

baba-prague said:

I had no doubt you would make it right this time and also learn from the experience. None of the rest of us are surprised by the depth of our passion for all things Baba...now you guys shouldn't be, either. WE :heart: YOU!

baba-prague said:
Around the Alice deck (probably this time next year) we plan several very limited things, one of which is something we have never done before....

But it's not what Nisaba thinks - it's something else.

She said mysteriously.

Oh! Oh! What does Nisaba think? Will it be bigger than a breadbox? Is it a magic potion? *jumping up and down*