Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

What's the highest price you've spent on a deck?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Bluefeet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_charior View Post
I spent over 100 Euro once for an OOP Il Meneghello Tarot de Bologna, I think that was the most expensive I bought. But I totally use it for readings, like all my decks, I wouldn't buy a deck to just have it sit on the shelf as a collector's item.
I think I have the same deck! I also bought it for over 100 euros from Il Meneghello after it went OOP, it's one of my favorite historical reproductions. Totally worth the price!
Top   #21
student of tarot

rwcarter 

$800-$900 for a Pam D (I don't remember the exact price right now).
Top   #22
pirate borealis

Laura Borealis 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbear View Post
Approximately $2000.
What was it, out of curiosity?
Top   #23
Citizen

Carla 

I'm not sure. I tend not to spend more than 20 on average for any deck. So I might occasionally have bought one that was closer to, say 40, but it was balanced out by a couple of 7 or 8 decks.

I have to say, it's the cheap decks I've ended up enjoying the most. Druidcraft. Morgan Greer. Thoth. Rider Deck. Vanessa, even!
Top   #24
Citizen

le_charior 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedShadow View Post
I think I have the same deck! I also bought it for over 100 euros from Il Meneghello after it went OOP, it's one of my favorite historical reproductions. Totally worth the price!
It was clever from IM to keep a few in reserve after it went OOP, so people like you and me could still get one It is really a very nice deck, even if I have outgrown it a little, it's too soft for my taste right now, but I am still keeping it, who know, my taste might change back!
Top   #25
Citizen

Gerbear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Borealis View Post
What was it, out of curiosity?
It is the Gli Arcani di Casanova by Carla Tolomeo. It is mentioned in the Encyclopedia of Tarot Vol IV page 24-25. I happened to get number 1 of 90. It is an exquisite
work of fine art, in portfolio form.
Top   #26
Star clad

Padma 

$150. And why? Because it's OOP, because it's hard to get, and because I love it. Because life is too short for bad cards and cheap wine. And I see I am at the lower end of the scale, at any rate...
Top   #27
pirate borealis

Laura Borealis 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbear View Post
It is the Gli Arcani di Casanova by Carla Tolomeo. It is mentioned in the Encyclopedia of Tarot Vol IV page 24-25. I happened to get number 1 of 90. It is an exquisite work of fine art, in portfolio form.
It must be very exclusive as well, I cannot find any pictures!

To answer the question - I don't think I've paid more than $40 or so. Maybe $45.
Top   #28
Citizen

SunChariot 

I don't remember the exact amount as it was years ago, but there were two decks I paid over $100.00 for. Probably in the range of $149.00. They were the special editions with frameable little posters and extras. They were the Legacy of the Divine (interesting as each deck was unique and had different colours in different places. And the A King's Journey Tarot.

Babs
Top   #29
Citizen

Juliana 
What's the highest price you've spent on a deck?

Ah, heck. Since I posted in this thread last I've broken down and bought an OOP deck I've been wanting for ages. So yeah, I've paid $100 for a deck now. Don't tell my husband.
Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.