Predictions didn't come true AT ALL, now having a crisis of Faith in the Tarot..

Alexiel_Eden

Hi,

I was in love with one of my colleagues so I got professional tarot reading done by the same reader like 12 times. The readings started off as pointing to a meaningless fling then as we got closer it started to say he was going to fall for me, pursue me etc.

The other day I found out he has a girlfriend so my whole tarot beliefs came crashing down. Also he was kind of rude to me about my love life. It is painful knowing the future with him that the Tarot predicted will not come to pass, I think what's even more painful is that it's thrown my trust in the Tarot into disarray.

I went to the reader who'd done my cards and she said the reason it didn't work out was because the cards were merely showing what could happen if I stayed at my job, based on the current energies at the time of the reading. But becos I recently changed my mind and decided to quit, it changed the possible future. I don't know what to believe. Part of me thinks she is right, but if so that doesn't really explain the girlfirend? I didn't ask how long they'd been together but it doesn't seem likely they got together as soon as I changed my mind, and me changing my mind made him get together with someone else!? Another part of me thinks the cards started telling me what I wanted to hear, either to comfort me as I was going through a v. difficult time and needed some hope to cling onto, or to punish me for asking about him again and again.

I feel lost and like I have no Tarot to turn to..it was like a best friend but I don't trust it at the moment..if it was all wrong about this how can I trust it when it tells me about other things..?

please help

nisaba

Hi,

I was in love with one of my colleagues so I got professional tarot reading done by the same reader like 12 times.
I'm astonished the reader took the business doing so many readings on the same subject before you'd had time to work on the situation. I think your problem with readings is right in your first sentence <gentle smile>.

The readings started off as pointing to a meaningless fling then as we got closer it started to say he was going to fall for me, pursue me etc.
Often, if you're thinking about a given situation intensely, it will pick up on YOUR feelings and wishes. This is what was happening here.

I think what's even more painful is that it's thrown my trust in the Tarot into disarray.
It's not Tarot that is the problem here, it's more the reader and their advice to you, and also your willingness to have multiple readings whilst not, apparently, doing the real-world work necessary in the situation.

All I can say is that the pain will subside. You'll think you'll never love again - then along will come someone else who seems to promise the world. There is no one right person for any of is - the universe throws us multiple chances. :)

Theta Choir

You got a reading 12 times from the same reader on the same subject? On the surface, it sounds as if you were going to continue to get readings until you got the answer you wanted (obviously, I don't know the particulars, so perhaps I am mistaken).

You also said you thought perhaps the cards started telling you what you wanted to hear. I think that after the 12th reading on the same subject, it is FAR more likely that your READER started telling you what you wanted to hear.

I don't mean to sound harsh or make light of your situation. It is always emotionally grueling when you love someone who does not return your feelings. And the fact that he was rude to you is especially heart-breaking. I'm really sorry you had to go through that.

Perhaps you could switch your focus from using Tarot as a predictive divinatory tool to one of introspection and self-exploration? Try asking questions like "What can I do differently next time to avoid this kind of pain?", or even "How can I move past these feelings and learn to trust the tarot again?" It would allow you continue to work with tarot while exploring the realm of your subconscious.

In the meantime, keep your chin up. Be kind to yourself. And give yourself time to process your feelings. Which, by the way, is what Tarot helps me with the most!

Take care!

Richard

I don't believe that Tarot does predict the future. Before you hang up :), let me finish. It can only suggest factors to consider in relation to the question. It is up to the reader to draw conclusions from the factors or influences indicated by the cards. That is why self reading can be so difficult: the conclusions one draws can be affected by wishful thinking.

Don't blame the cards. The reader did their best to interpret them, but the predictions apparently will not come to pass. Like weather prediction, it is an inexact science. (I know the mathematical reason why weather predictions are not exact and sometimes are blatantly wrong, and Tarot readings seem even more subject to inaccuracies due to misinterpretation.)

The best questions for Tarot in matters of interpersonal relationships are those which pertain to attitude or behavior, such as 'Is it appropriate to assume that so-and-so is interested in me?' or 'What sort of behavior or attitude should I take which will best encourage their interest in me?' If the future were already precisely mapped out, then what's the use of ever doing anything at all? The variability of future events is why Tarot can't help people win the lottery, it can only advise the individual not to gamble if they don't have the money to toss away.

ETA. I agree with Theta Choir's suggestion to maybe 'switch your focus from using Tarot as a predictive divinatory tool to one of introspection and self-exploration.'

Holly doll

Hi,

I was in love with one of my colleagues so I got professional tarot reading done by the same reader like 12 times. The readings started off as pointing to a meaningless fling then as we got closer it started to say he was going to fall for me, pursue me etc.

The other day I found out he has a girlfriend so my whole tarot beliefs came crashing down. Also he was kind of rude to me about my love life. It is painful knowing the future with him that the Tarot predicted will not come to pass, I think what's even more painful is that it's thrown my trust in the Tarot into disarray.

I went to the reader who'd done my cards and she said the reason it didn't work out was because the cards were merely showing what could happen if I stayed at my job, based on the current energies at the time of the reading. But becos I recently changed my mind and decided to quit, it changed the possible future. I don't know what to believe. Part of me thinks she is right, but if so that doesn't really explain the girlfirend? I didn't ask how long they'd been together but it doesn't seem likely they got together as soon as I changed my mind, and me changing my mind made him get together with someone else!? Another part of me thinks the cards started telling me what I wanted to hear, either to comfort me as I was going through a v. difficult time and needed some hope to cling onto, or to punish me for asking about him again and again.

I feel lost and like I have no Tarot to turn to..it was like a best friend but I don't trust it at the moment..if it was all wrong about this how can I trust it when it tells me about other things..?

please help

I'm surprised the reader offered so many readings on the same subject - did they perhaps chat to you about your inner work on the situation? From personal experience, many clients will constantly ask the same thing wanting or demanding a different result.

Nisaba is correct - if you are constantly dwelling on an issue the cards will reflect that back to you - as happened; not to punish you- but to draw your attention to it & ask if this is really where your focus should be.

Perhaps the cards were drawing your awareness toward your thinking becoming "stuck", & were trying to shift it to your inner self & needs; rather than allowing it to stay focused on the external.

Something that maybe wasn't picked up on - the cards may've been trying to say that someone with similar looks/characteristics/employment to your colleague would reveal in time.

The tarot is of immense value in aiding your inner work - resealing your bond & trust with the tarot & getting to know your subconscious - the "why we do the things we do"...

Take care of yourself - things will improve!

RaaD

@ Holy Doll - there is nothing to be surprised for, the costumer pays to the reader, so the costumer can ask whatever he wants and i dont believe that there is a reader who will refuse to take money. I know a lot will jump now saying - its unethical and blabla but its true.

As for the topic - i guess you took it too deep and with big expectations. Now you will know from a first hand that taro gives advises, it predict something but - WE ALWAYS HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE OUR FATE

Ask yourself, what you did wrong ?

Holly doll

@ Holy Doll - there is nothing to be surprised for, the costumer pays to the reader, so the costumer can ask whatever he wants and i dont believe that there is a reader who will refuse to take money. I know a lot will jump now saying - its unethical and blabla but its true. ?

That's where we differ RaaD - I do turn clients away when they want to go over & over old ground, or to "know what ..... is doing" - neither behaviours are healthy - while the client pays me for my expertise; it is in both our interests that I don't allow them to waste time; theirs or mine - in allowing the pursuit of an unhealthy behaviour. Instead I may give them information for support services or relevant therapists & send them away - without a reading & without charge. I refuse to take advantage.

Russ1964

Hi AE,

This is really a "me too" post, seeing as I agree with the previous posters.

12 readings on the same subject.....I'm assuming that some were different to others, so which to believe is the challenge? Do you go on until you create a narrative that you want to believe and hang on to the interpretation of those cards?

I think the very first reading probably nailed it, especially with the word "meaningless". I would have taken the advice at that point and believed the cards instead of basically ignoring what you were told.

I think that when we start ignoring the message of the cards and asking continually about the same topics then the cards lose their meaning and either tell you random things or what you want them to tell you.

Use the cards wisely or else they become like a drug that will deceive you.

Kind regards
Russ

Juliana

You also said you thought perhaps the cards started telling you what you wanted to hear. I think that after the 12th reading on the same subject, it is FAR more likely that your READER started telling you what you wanted to hear.

I want to think everyone has the best intentions when reading for others, but I kind of wonder if this is the case as well. I'm curious what cards she pulled.

palin

Unrelated maybe to the original post but it got me thinking about the reading I did last night about a hike I was supposed to do today

the cards were awful..3 card..2 of them I remember well..5 coins..10 Swords

I did not think much of it as I don't base my décisions on tarot

I thought the weather conditions my turn bad or maybe car trouble..

but this morning sun was shining.car was ok...

BUT...

as I turned up in the city center of the town near which the hike meeting was taking place..I realised I might not make it due to the main roads being blowked for a cycling event..

Miraculously I finally managed to be where I was suppoed to on time and before the main group of people joining me..

but then because they were late they got stuck and had to decided to go another way and do another hike..

so all this trouble for nothing!!

the cards were right..:)

I love tarot but in the back of my mind I can't help thinking most its negative prédictions tend to happen while the positive readings I have most always disappoint..

I'm really saying this with no resentment at all..just soemthing I've noticed over the past years!