3 of Cups Experiences/Outcomes?

Esk

By itself, the 3 of cups is usually for me a card of friendship and not romance.
However i remember having this card once to describe the husband of someone. And in one of the deck i have (the zombie tarot) the 3 of cups depicts a wedding, so in this case i can see this card as romance.
I can also understand that for some people the 3 of cups can appear instead of other traditional love cards like the lovers and 2 of cups, because some people consider that their lover should be above all their best friend.

Grizabella

The Queen of Wands is shown in RWS as sitting with her legs apart which some people say indicates a more sexually open woman. And the Queen of Pentacles is often considered to be the "other woman" card. For me, card combinations are important. The 9 of Pentacles plus Queen of Pentacles would indicate a mistress in some cases. Or a person paid for sex in some other way.

A Queen of Pentacles (and/or Wands) plus the 9 of Pentacles plus 3 of Cups could relate to a love triangle. And then you have to consider polyamory as well. The three women could pertain to that.

AzulParadiso

I always see love triangles in readings for others with different cards. I never use court cards like that to indicate a mistress, but I do agree about the 9 of Coins.

Thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate them. Well, there were 8 other cards in the reading, so I'm sure those cards played a strong role in this short-term prediction. Since the prediction only covered 4 weeks nothing too important, or significant happened.

The funniest and most surprising that is somewhat linked/tied up to this reading was that on March 5th a man I usually do business with suddenly sent me a text inviting me to spend time with him a few minutes after seeing me via text. I'm honestly not interested in him romantically, but this invitation made me feel flattered because I was just not expecting it from him. To me he is very important in my life (business wise), so I politely agreed to spend time with him some day. I don't want to lead him on though..he's just not my type physically, but he's a real nice person..for some reason this still made me feel happy/flattered, lol. Usually I wouldn't care if I had no romantic interest at all..

Anyway, so that's what really happened as most important and somewhat linked to my prediction (with the rest of the other cards tied in, of course).

Thanks again

Laurelle

I once got this card when I began writing back and forth with an old friend, and I wondered where it might lead. We never actually met up, and the exchange, in retrospect, was actually kind of awkward. I wanted to be experiencing the three of cups, but it just wasn't happening. There were definitely some walls there.

So, I really don't know about this card. We were writing back and forth just for the hell of it, which is kind of what the card is about- letting loose, no ulterior motives. However, it wasn't as fulfilling as I hoped it'd be. But I do have bouts of depressive thoughts at times, and that could have been the case here.

3 of Cups is Mercury in Cancer. Writing is an element of mercury. I can see writing back and forth with feelings of love with this card.

Laurelle

Sorry I had to resurrect this thread.

I recently did a reading for my cousin and we got a procession of Ace of Cups, 2 of Cups and the final outcome as the 3 of Cups.

I am pretty sure this is going to spell marriage and a baby for her.

The cards around the 3 of Cups are really important. I think this is one of my "Supporting Actress" cards.