When the tarot hints at something dramatic, but nothing much happens...

winter garden

First let me preface this by saying that I understand that each and every card has a variety of meanings which shift according to context, but I suspect most of us can agree that certain cards by their very nature seem to suggest possible drama.

I'm curious to know if others have drawn cards like the Tower, or Death and had them reflect very unexciting events?

Today, for example, I drew both of these cards in readings with Death forming part of a three card spread about a meeting I attended, and the Tower describing how my night would be. Death, from what I can decipher, ended up simply describing me actually stepping outside my comfort zone aka my house, and the Tower, I believe, was about my surprise at someone remembering my name. Am I missing something here? Does anyone else have examples where seemingly "heavy" cards have denoted very mundane happenings?

Note to mods: Not sure if this is in the correct area of the site, so please adjust the location as you see fit - thank you.

WolfSwan

Yes!! I was wondering about this too! I've had the Death card appearing (such as yesterday in my home life) and nothing happened. There was no transformation, there was no "death" moment...I didn't even step out of my comfort zone in my home life (Daily Spread).

I've had the Tower stalking me, and then...nothing...People talk about these cards as major things, but so far (touch wood!) in my experience nothing "major" has been the outcome.

yannie

Q: What's your message for me today?
A: Death.

Turns out it just meant, "Nah we got nothing to say to you today. Carry on."

Or, "It'll be cloudy and rainy all night tonight so you can't see the stars like you wanted, sorry."

LOL.

Puffette

Q: What's your message for me today?
A: Death.

Turns out it just meant, "Nah we got nothing to say to you today. Carry on."

Or, "It'll be cloudy and rainy all night tonight so you can't see the stars like you wanted, sorry."

LOL.

Quote "Turns out it just meant, "Nah we got nothing to say to you today. Carry on."

Very good interpretation. I think that the cards are realising our weaker moments when we tend to get the deck and ask question for every particular aspect of our life out of curiosity,fidgeting,desperation. I used to shuffle in the bigenning of my days as tarot reader for every thing crossing my mind. At some point i remember i was getting the hanged man as a flash to stop bothering the cards and myself with such stress.
But i think the Death card has a profound meaning and its not able to materialise in such a short time since its representing a longer and more difficult process of transformation.
The tower announces a moment of heating emotions but it might not happen for the specific day u asked.
The death means a necesary ending that usually has repercusions over our sistem of beliefs. Even if we talk about love,career or our life in general(moving out of a house for example) it gives us the whole package of emotions because getting into a new phase is not easy. Its not easy to break the chain u have with your past,with your loved ones or with the things u posess.
Sometimes cards choose not to answer to specific questions and instead they preffer to give u little warnings even if u do a daily spread or a week spread. If a major is present in your results,then its announcing something happening to you in the future that will have a major effect upon you.
For short term predictions i take off the majors and i shuffle only with the minors because they give u a better perspective/idea about what is going to happen to you in the near future.
The sun card has materialised for me after 8 months since i got it first time. When we are curious about our future we need fast answers..so to me the majors should get out of discussion when u wanna know how things go for u soon.

Aidan

I think its about WHY you are using tarot. When i do it just for practice, routine or fun even, even the most dramatic cards can end up meaning small things or simply nothing.
But when i feel that urge to draw cards about a specific theme, the cards are very clear. In such situations, the majors often mean their most obvious and dramatic meaning. (Lovers for love etc).
At least thats my experience...

Astraea

I think its about WHY you are using tarot. When i do it just for practice, routine or fun even, even the most dramatic cards can end up meaning small things or simply nothing.
But when i feel that urge to draw cards about a specific theme, the cards are very clear. In such situations, the majors often mean their most obvious and dramatic meaning. (Lovers for love etc).
At least thats my experience...
Agree with this. It's the same with horary astrology - relevance is proportionate to specific situations or need-to-know.

winter garden

Hmm, but the thing is that last week I asked about a different meeting I had to attend, and got the Death card as well, but in this case it DID mean an ending. Actually it signified two endings : one was the end of an idea I had about a situation which the meeting pertained to, and two, during said meeting I received a text message from my friend who was cancelling dinner plans because her Father-in-Law had actually died that morning. So, the question is, how does one know the difference, and why is tarot using heavy cards on days/during times when it doesn't really need to? I know Puffette pointed out a major can take a long time to manifest, but in my case, Death has been following me around for a few months and in some cases a reading involving the card has meant an outcome reflective of the drama of the card, and other days not so much. Clearly Death hasn't finished with me yet, but at the moment turning up the card for topics for which it hardly seems reflective is only causing me deep anxiety. Should I stop asking about daily events?

Tiggy-cat

I'm curious to know if others have drawn cards like the Tower, or Death and had them reflect very unexciting events?

Today, for example, I drew both of these cards in readings with Death forming part of a three card spread about a meeting I attended, and the Tower describing how my night would be. Death, from what I can decipher, ended up simply describing me actually stepping outside my comfort zone aka my house, and the Tower, I believe, was about my surprise at someone remembering my name. Am I missing something here? Does anyone else have examples where seemingly "heavy" cards have denoted very mundane happenings?

Well, yeah. Just recently, I drew 3 of Swords (not quite so heavy as Tower or Death) as to how a guy would react towards me that I have a great interest in. I saw him at an event, and was prepared for the worst, thinking I'd come away completely heartbroken and shattered, but he was friendly and nothing really happened. People here suggested it may have been relating to how HE would feel, which could make sense. Very uneventful, which I was very relieved by!

winter garden

Well, yeah. Just recently, I drew 3 of Swords (not quite so heavy as Tower or Death) as to how a guy would react towards me that I have a great interest in. I saw him at an event, and was prepared for the worst, thinking I'd come away completely heartbroken and shattered, but he was friendly and nothing really happened. People here suggested it may have been relating to how HE would feel, which could make sense. Very uneventful, which I was very relieved by!

It's interesting isn't it, especially given that there are many readers who would say the cards cannot tell you how someone else is feeling (I believe differently). Haha, yes it is always a relief when these kinds of cards turn up nothing, but it still kind of irks me that the deck insists on using them in the first place.

yannie

Actually Puffette, what you said about the Death card not materialising in the short term has rung true for me in recent days. I broke a glass while spring cleaning before Chinese New Year, and that's why I asked my guides what message they had for me (they've made me break things "accidentally" before) and got Death as a reply. I viewed the breaking of the glass as good, because it forced me to vacuum under my bed for the glass shards & get the dust along the way, which I would've been too lazy to otherwise, lol.

The next day, CNY Eve, was the dark moon. This is the first time I bothered to notice, & got inspired to do a banishing spell. CNY 3rd day, one of my banishment wishes miraculously came true! Chronic problem of previously unknown cause: poof! Discovered cause will be removed soon. So yeah, major Death energy at play right now. My guides were giving me a heads up :)

But on other occasions, I have gotten Death as a simple NO answer :D