When the tarot hints at something dramatic, but nothing much happens...

nisaba

I'm curious to know if others have drawn cards like the Tower, or Death and had them reflect very unexciting events?

Today, for example, I drew both of these cards in readings with Death forming part of a three card spread about a meeting I attended, and the Tower describing how my night would be. Death, from what I can decipher, ended up simply describing me actually stepping outside my comfort zone aka my house, and the Tower, I believe, was about my surprise at someone remembering my name. Am I missing something here?

Were you asking about "Your night" or just "the night?" The meeting might have had greater ramifications for someone else there. For instance, someone else's spouse might have said "If you go out again tonight, I'm leaving!", and the Death card might indicate that their relationship had reached its last straw.

You say your home is your comfort-zone, It is for most of us, but it can be more or less so, and the extreme of that is agoraphobia. I don't know whether you suffer from agoraphobia or not, but if you do, merely setting foot outside your own personal "tower", your home, would be a capital-T-Tower experience every time even if nothing remarkable ever happened. Or was this meeting held in a building rather than the outdoors? The card may have been describing where you spent the evening. :)

Shibiusa

Were you asking about "Your night" or just "the night?" The meeting might have had greater ramifications for someone else there. For instance, someone else's spouse might have said "If you go out again tonight, I'm leaving!", and the Death card might indicate that their relationship had reached its last straw.

You say your home is your comfort-zone, It is for most of us, but it can be more or less so, and the extreme of that is agoraphobia. I don't know whether you suffer from agoraphobia or not, but if you do, merely setting foot outside your own personal "tower", your home, would be a capital-T-Tower experience every time even if nothing remarkable ever happened. Or was this meeting held in a building rather than the outdoors? The card may have been describing where you spent the evening. :)
Quite interesting! Thank you!

Do you know if there's any book or some place where I could find "toned down" tarot meanings for our daily readings? Usually the meanings everywhere are quite dramatic (and the chance of actually happening a dramatic thing is quite low). Something like "tarot for our everyday lives".

nisaba

No I don't know of such a book, but then I don't get meanings from books either, more from cards. :)