Knight of Cups with an acquaintence?

BlackBetty

Knight of Cups with an acquaintance?

I work with someone in a big multifloored building. He's introduced himself to me, but we don't talk. So, I feel like his stares mean more than they do, but maybe it's because I live in a fantasy. To the point: I did a reading for myself and among the other cards, I found the Knight of Cups for his feelings. This doesn't make sense. I would think ace of cups at the most since we've said less than 15 words to one another. Ever.

Back to the card:
I've read that he can be an immature kind of love, that he isn't "hit it or quit" like Knight of Wands. I know he doesn't love everyone like the King. My knight has man and woman sitting on their knees facing each other with a sliver of a moon showing with the black circle. They are nude and are embracing but sitting a distance apart. Knees touching and hands on her arms and she has hands on his waist.

These are additional info. only.
He was flanked by the 8 of Pentacles on left, which means too busy for you, major work, project and/or repeating a cycle. On the right, I received the reversed 7 of Pentacles. This means he feels that he isn't getting anywhere with me or I need to be friendlier and not so closed off. In other words, he feels like he isn't making progress.

Thank you for your time.

rwcarter

KnC can also be someone who is content to love from afar, possibly because he thinks you two are of unequal stations/he's not worthy of you.

Rodney

BlackBetty

Oh my gosh, RW Carter answered my post! I am such a fan. Thank you for your kindness. I know you have way more experience so, please forgive my questioning here. He's a full time and I work there part time. So my inner voice wants to say, other way around? I don't talk because I feel in a different caste, a lower one. But that would be, Hierophant or Emperor maybe? A million times, thank you. You've made my night (no pun intended).

Thank you so much.

rwcarter

I'm nobody, really. ;)

Given your positions and the consequences involved with crossing the line, the KnC could still mean he can only love from afar and show his feelings in ways you wouldn't necessarily be able to track back to him.

While the KnW and KnS would go to slay the dragon because of the adventure/adrenaline rush involved, the KnC would slay the dragon because it threatened the lady he loves. She might not know he slayed the dragon, just that the dragon was slayed. He would get a warm, fuzzy feeling from doing the deed and wouldn't need her to know it was him who did it. And if she did find out it was him, he still wouldn't tell her he did it for love.

Rodney

SweetSiren

The things with feelings are... They're changing all the time. Especially when it comes to romantic ones. The Knight of Cups, to me, would suggest a persistent crush. You aren't the light of his life, but he probably feels a bit romantic whenever he sees you. I agree with Rodney's analogy. Courts describe a sort of mindset. A swords guy might still be attracted to you, but maybe he wants to show that through conversation and debate, not candlelit dinners.

Just realized I reversed the wrong card. With that Knight, he probably is just a warm guy, and his words are just naturally affectionate. That is what I see with the reversed seven there. The cup he carries doesn't have a tone of investment. You know when you flirt and you kind of hope it's returned/reciprocated? He isn't hoping for something to come back to him. Whatever he's done doesn't have ulterior motives, which is a good thing.

But why not talk to him? You'll figure it out for yourself!

BlackBetty

Rodney,

Thank you for explaining further. Wow, wow, wow, wow! That's a romantic knight. I really appreciate you differentiating between the other knights. I will remember all of those in the future when I read. I feel less delusional about those piercing stares. This makes sense.

Grizabella

Piercing stares don't mean any interest romantically. I tend to be one with piercing stares myself, even though I don't mean to. I just have grey hair and deep, dark eyes that make me look like my stare is piercing because I don't say anything very much to people I don't know well but I am a people-watcher.

The upright 7 of Pentacles in most RWS decks show a person waiting for Pentacles to ripen because he's tended to them, wanting them to grow and flourish. The reversed 7 of Swords, the way I read, would indicate someone who isn't interesting in growing anything. They're just observing and moving on, thinking of their own things they're more concerned with . A person who wants anything, including acquaintances, will usually do something to demonstrate they're trying to further things with the other person.

The Knight of Cups is a loving person, but quite immature and may even lean toward the soppy, needy kind of person, who is so needy they just about drown their love interests. They're not experienced at mature love yet and have a lot of things to do yet to become mature.

Why not just say something if you think he's staring at you? Are you staring at him and he feels you looking so he stares, too? That's usually what I find I'm doing but I don't mean to seem odd. My mother used to have conniptions at me for "staring". Maybe if you speak about something cheerful, even about the weather, he might respond and not stare so much. He might wonder why you don't speak and that's why he stares.

BlackBetty

The weirdest thing about this is that one day back in January on my commute into work, I said to myself, "I really would like to become friends with this guy. I am going to get the courage up to talk to him." Later that same morning, he came into the work room and asked about extra copies of the texts. Voila, I gave him mine with all of my handwritten notes. He introduced himself to me. That was fun. There are serious reasons that I do not pursue this and am just appreciating the warmth.

SweetSiren & Grizabella, you have both really helped me understand this situation.

SweetSiren: I am sorry that I replied to Rodney before seeing your post as I was on my mobile. The 8 was upright and the 7 was reversed. Your interpretations about being a persistent crush align well, too. He taught in the room beside me last semester and our courses ended at different times. He often would look inside my class then, like he does now. I am fine with his feelings changing. No heartache here. I do not want to be the light of his life. I just want to appreciate the warmth. You have helped me realize that I didn't just cook this up in my overactive imagination. Thank you.

Grizabella: I love your name from T.S. Eliot's poem. I admire your experience and the way your replies are so grounding. Thank you so much! That's funny about your piercing stares and I like to people watch, too. I really appreciate you clearing up the reversed 7 of Pents. It makes total perfect sense. I like things just the way they are. No disappointment here. You give excellent relationship advice. I wish I would've known you twenty years ago. I think you could have saved me some heartache.

BlackBetty

I'm nobody, really. ;)

Given your positions and the consequences involved with crossing the line, the KnC could still mean he can only love from afar and show his feelings in ways you wouldn't necessarily be able to track back to him.

While the KnW and KnS would go to slay the dragon because of the adventure/adrenaline rush involved, the KnC would slay the dragon because it threatened the lady he loves. She might not know he slayed the dragon, just that the dragon was slayed. He would get a warm, fuzzy feeling from doing the deed and wouldn't need her to know it was him who did it. And if she did find out it was him, he still wouldn't tell her he did it for love.

Rodney

Thank you for explaining. Today, I found out this person is getting a divorce. This really makes the explanation and action of the card fit.