Analyzing the Moon card: so many layers

roswell

The Moon

Here in Hawai'i the term "ohana" refers to the extended family. The Moon represents to me those that you feel close to, not to just your family of origin.

Then as I progress through the major arcana to The World, I begin to see and feel all of life as part of me.

Ruby Jewel

I would like to know your Sun sign and if it is the same as your rising sign...degrees would help to ascertain if the Sun were on the cusp, which would greatly enhance the energies. 12th house is Pisces, ruled both by Neptune and Jupiter.....delusion and luck. You may not be "into" addiction and betrayal, but nevertheless, they are an aspect of the 12th house, and if your sun is in the 12th house, you will most likely encounter them in your lifetime, so you might as well be forewarned and prepared.

Thanks for your acknowledgment. It does not fall on deaf ears.

Absynthe

Okay I'l post all about my Moon experience. I've been getting this card daily for the past year it coincided with the development of PTSD for me. The event which precipitated it was innocuous and it was several months and lots of Dr's appointments before I could even get a diagnosis let alone start treatment. I've struggled with it since.

The overriding theme of my Moon experience was fear of sudden death. Yes my brain kept telling me that any moment now I was going to suddenly die. Any slight sensation in my body had me in terror of this very thing. That's the illusion part.

Recognised therapies for this only got me so far. It got me just well enough to go back to work and spend the rest of my time internally battling my fear of death but never resolving it. Three weeks ago I came across some work that i thought I would try because it was similar to another therapy I was already using with some success. The difference is, this one takes an entirely spiritual approach to the whole idea of the disorder. I commenced the work. Within three days I no longer was triggered by my bodily sensations as fearing impending death. Within a week the majority of PTSD symptoms were gone. Two weeks in now and I am basically living a normal life again. So much so that I quit my job, didn't have a nervous breakdown doing it and am now looking forward to working for myself in a career that I have long known about but done nothing about.

So how does this relate to the Moon? The Moon is things that look like one thing but are really another. My entire PTSD experience wasn't about anything other than my refusal to move on from where I was spiritually. Now that I've commenced that work in an honest and earnest effort my body no longer needs to shout at me and set off alarm bells. I am now gracefully embracing my transition every single day and no longer experiencing major anxiety as a result.

The Moon is the heavy lifting card, it's about doing the 'work' of life by moving through fear, shadows and anxieties in order to acquire the skills and attributes necessary for the next level. It's about tricking you into shifting gear when you've refused to do it. When we graciously accept our transitions as they are meant to occur we get other cards to denote that. The Moon happens when we resist it and that sets up the madness within us and then we rush towards what we think is a solution to our pain, only to realise it's parlaying us into the road we should have already taken.

So for me, the Moon isn't just a difficult event, that would be The Tower, something that happens, we experience it, get over it and move on. The Moon is a build up of emotional resistance like the tide depicted before being thrown on the shores of insecurity and madness (the washed up crustacean). The two towers which are generally crumbling is the old structure of our life that should have been left long ago. The dogs and wolves are howling because thats generally what's happening with us emotionally in this situation. We don't know how to respond to this thing which is confusing us and we end up just howling in our anguish. Because the Moon involves a lot of emotional resistance to events the transition it requires is generally an internal one rather than anything happening outside of us. Again it's that illusion, that others are doing this to us, when in fact we are doing it to ourselves.

Ruby Jewel

Okay I'l post all about my Moon experience. I've been getting this card daily for the past year it coincided with the development of PTSD for me. The event which precipitated it was innocuous and it was several months and lots of Dr's appointments before I could even get a diagnosis let alone start treatment. I've struggled with it since.

The overriding theme of my Moon experience was fear of sudden death. Yes my brain kept telling me that any moment now I was going to suddenly die. Any slight sensation in my body had me in terror of this very thing. That's the illusion part.

Recognised therapies for this only got me so far. It got me just well enough to go back to work and spend the rest of my time internally battling my fear of death but never resolving it. Three weeks ago I came across some work that i thought I would try because it was similar to another therapy I was already using with some success. The difference is, this one takes an entirely spiritual approach to the whole idea of the disorder. I commenced the work. Within three days I no longer was triggered by my bodily sensations as fearing impending death. Within a week the majority of PTSD symptoms were gone. Two weeks in now and I am basically living a normal life again. So much so that I quit my job, didn't have a nervous breakdown doing it and am now looking forward to working for myself in a career that I have long known about but done nothing about.

So how does this relate to the Moon? The Moon is things that look like one thing but are really another. My entire PTSD experience wasn't about anything other than my refusal to move on from where I was spiritually. Now that I've commenced that work in an honest and earnest effort my body no longer needs to shout at me and set off alarm bells. I am now gracefully embracing my transition every single day and no longer experiencing major anxiety as a result.

The Moon is the heavy lifting card, it's about doing the 'work' of life by moving through fear, shadows and anxieties in order to acquire the skills and attributes necessary for the next level. It's about tricking you into shifting gear when you've refused to do it. When we graciously accept our transitions as they are meant to occur we get other cards to denote that. The Moon happens when we resist it and that sets up the madness within us and then we rush towards what we think is a solution to our pain, only to realise it's parlaying us into the road we should have already taken.

So for me, the Moon isn't just a difficult event, that would be The Tower, something that happens, we experience it, get over it and move on. The Moon is a build up of emotional resistance like the tide depicted before being thrown on the shores of insecurity and madness (the washed up crustacean). The two towers which are generally crumbling is the old structure of our life that should have been left long ago. The dogs and wolves are howling because thats generally what's happening with us emotionally in this situation. We don't know how to respond to this thing which is confusing us and we end up just howling in our anguish. Because the Moon in volves a lot of emotional resistance to events the transition it requires is generally an internal one rather than anything happening outside of us. Again it's that illusion, that others are doing this to us, when in fact we are doing it to ourselves.

Hi Absynthe. Welcome back. That was very enlightening for me as I was not aware this problem existed. Amazing though how accurate it depicts my own perceptions of the Moon card. As I said earlier, the Moon card seems to be screaming "wake up" and you woke up. Thank you for sharing.....and best wishes for a beautiful life of love and prosperity.

Laurelle

So for me, the Moon isn't just a difficult event, that would be The Tower, something that happens, we experience it, get over it and move on. The Moon is a build up of emotional resistance like the tide depicted before being thrown on the shores of insecurity and madness (the washed up crustacean). The two towers which are generally crumbling is the old structure of our life that should have been left long ago. The dogs and wolves are howling because thats generally what's happening with us emotionally in this situation. We don't know how to respond to this thing which is confusing us and we end up just howling in our anguish. Because the Moon involves a lot of emotional resistance to events the transition it requires is generally an internal one rather than anything happening outside of us. Again it's that illusion, that others are doing this to us, when in fact we are doing it to ourselves.

I wanted to just quote your entire response, but truncated it. It was all great. I read it twice.

I see that the Moon is making poets out of many of us on this thread.....I see.....It must be the moon's creative influences!

Absynthe

I would like to know your Sun sign and if it is the same as your rising sign...degrees would help to ascertain if the Sun were on the cusp, which would greatly enhance the energies. 12th house is Pisces, ruled both by Neptune and Jupiter.....delusion and luck. You may not be "into" addiction and betrayal, but nevertheless, they are an aspect of the 12th house, and if your sun is in the 12th house, you will most likely encounter them in your lifetime, so you might as well be forewarned and prepared.

Thanks for your acknowledgment. It does not fall on deaf ears.

I have my sun in the 12th house. It is an awful placement. My life is ruled by delusion basically, I have so much trouble seeing anything clearly. I feel as if I just walk around in some kind of fog. I also have trines and sextiles to Neptune which just gives me a double dose of being divorced from reality. I don't find this useful in any way, unfortunately. All that tends to happen is I constantly misread situations and make poor decisions in life. It's wonder I haven't fallen down a well or something.

Ruby Jewel

I have my sun in the 12th house. It is an awful placement. My life is ruled by delusion basically, I have so much trouble seeing anything clearly. I feel as if I just walk around in some kind of fog. I also have trines and sextiles to Neptune which just gives me a double dose of being divorced from reality. I don't find this useful in any way, unfortunately. All that tends to happen is I constantly misread situations and make poor decisions in life. It's wonder I haven't fallen down a well or something.

A 12th house Sun is very difficult. What astrological sign is it in? 12th house is very similar to the Moon card. I'm wondering if you have a Pisces sun.

Absynthe

A 12th house Sun is very difficult. What astrological sign is it in? 12th house is very similar to the Moon card. I'm wondering if you have a Pisces sun.

No I don't. I am cancerian with cancer ascendant.