Advice on reading court cards in outcome positions?

Watersign

Ok, so I am still pretty new to Tarot but I think I'm learning. I recently did a Celtic cross spread asking what I needed to know about my love life for the month of May. In the outcome position I pulled the Page of Cups. I get confused with courts so I pulled a clarifier and got King of Cups then Knight of Cups and Ace of Cups. I realize I pulled WAY too many clarifiers but I was thinking I'd get a non court card a lot sooner to help me! Hah So, that said I get the sense the cards are telling me there will be some suitors coming my way next month. Potentially presenting the opportunity (page) to meet someone emotionally mature (king) but also maybe a bit of a romantic idealist (knight) to start something new (ace). Am I way off here?

rwcarter

As outcome, the PC could represent the beginning of a friendship or emerging feelings on your part. So you may meet someone in May that you begin to develop feelings for.

The one thing all those clarifiers have in common is a focus on feelings and emotions. All the Courts could indicate an internal progression that leaves you ready for the potential of the Ace.

Rodney

nisaba

Ok, so I am still pretty new to Tarot but I think I'm learning. I recently did a Celtic cross spread asking what I needed to know about my love life for the month of May. In the outcome position I pulled the Page of Cups. I get confused with courts so I pulled a clarifier and got King of Cups then Knight of Cups and Ace of Cups.

<grin> I find clarifying cards confusing rather than clarifying, so they are doing the opposite of what I want! I tend to sit with the original card for a while and see what comes.

The Page Cups as an outcome indicates that a time will come when you realise that you don't really have a handle on your feelings, and will feel a need to grow. The King Cups indicates mastery of emotions - what you need to grow into. The Knight Cups, your deck is saying "Oh, really? You don't realise you're on a heart-based "quest" yet?", and when you pulled the Ace, that is your deck screaming "EMOTIONS! It's about emotions!" <grin>

JylliM

My take on it would be that the Page of Cups is a romantic interest entering your life. Your clarifiers to me confirm this. The King is this same person, so is the Knight, and the Ace is the wellspring of emotions that will come with this new relationship. I think the cards are pretty much repeating themselves, saying 'How many ways do you want me to tell you you're going to meet someone?' ;)

Barleywine

I don't use clarifiers because they usually aren't necessary. All those Cups you pulled are simply telling you that you didn't need to pull any clarifiers. Court cards in the outcome position are generally easy to read. They can show a someone or a characteristic or outlook you will (or should) manifest in response to the situation. So your Page of Cups could be an agreeable young person, or just your romantic notion of what an ideal suitor should be (perhaps an example of "creative visualization" by which we summon the reality we desire). Not necessarily a person "young" in age, but emotionally enthusiastic, as well as thoughtful, well-intentioned and winsome. Something "new" to engage you, at the very least. Joseph Maxwell calls it "plain sailing" and has a lot of interesting things to say about it from a sexual perspective.

nisaba

I don't use clarifiers because they usually aren't necessary. All those Cups you pulled are simply telling you that you didn't need to pull any clarifiers.

<grin>

Watersign

As outcome, the PC could represent the beginning of a friendship or emerging feelings on your part. So you may meet someone in May that you begin to develop feelings for.

The one thing all those clarifiers have in common is a focus on feelings and emotions. All the Courts could indicate an internal progression that leaves you ready for the potential of the Ace.

Rodney

Thanks Rodney. That makes sense. I need to learn to focus on the initial card before I pull clarifiers!

Watersign

<grin> I find clarifying cards confusing rather than clarifying, so they are doing the opposite of what I want! I tend to sit with the original card for a while and see what comes.

The Page Cups as an outcome indicates that a time will come when you realise that you don't really have a handle on your feelings, and will feel a need to grow. The King Cups indicates mastery of emotions - what you need to grow into. The Knight Cups, your deck is saying "Oh, really? You don't realise you're on a heart-based "quest" yet?", and when you pulled the Ace, that is your deck screaming "EMOTIONS! It's about emotions!" <grin>

Haha! I know, I know. I don't think my deck could have been any clearer about me being on heart-based quest or needing to get a grip on my emotions.

Watersign

My take on it would be that the Page of Cups is a romantic interest entering your life. Your clarifiers to me confirm this. The King is this same person, so is the Knight, and the Ace is the wellspring of emotions that will come with this new relationship. I think the cards are pretty much repeating themselves, saying 'How many ways do you want me to tell you you're going to meet someone?' ;)

I like your take JylliM! I would certainly be happy with this outcome :)

Watersign

I don't use clarifiers because they usually aren't necessary. All those Cups you pulled are simply telling you that you didn't need to pull any clarifiers. Court cards in the outcome position are generally easy to read. They can show a someone or a characteristic or outlook you will (or should) manifest in response to the situation. So your Page of Cups could be an agreeable young person, or just your romantic notion of what an ideal suitor should be (perhaps an example of "creative visualization" by which we summon the reality we desire). Not necessarily a person "young" in age, but emotionally enthusiastic, as well as thoughtful, well-intentioned and winsome. Something "new" to engage you, at the very least. Joseph Maxwell calls it "plain sailing" and has a lot of interesting things to say about it from a sexual perspective.

Thank you Barleywine! I will keep this in mind and I will have to look up Joseph Maxwell. I've never heard of him.