7 of Swords clarified by the World = a secret affair?

Sagittarius85

I have a boyfriend, but I did a reading in connection with an old flame.

I got the 7 of swords clarified by the World, as a possible outcome.

I think 7 of swords could mean that I will cheat on my boyfriend. The man in the picture might be me, sneaking away in secret. The World card may show that the relationship with this ex will be not accepted by the world around us (of course), that's why I will be forced to meet him in a hugger-mugger way.

If I concentrate on the "the same thing with other words" aspect of the World as clarifier, I have no idea... What do the 7 of Swords and the World have in common?

Do you have other interpretations?

Thank you very much in advance! (And please, don't judge me .... )
:)

gregory

What was the question ? There's no way to interpret this without knowing that.

Sure the 7 would imply deceit or theft - but - yours or his ? or just the sneaking around. With the world - it could even mean one of you taking everything. Not that I believe in clarifiers, which usually, in my experience, do anything but clarify - as you have found here !

Thirteen

No one will be the wiser

If the World was reversed, then I might agree with: "The world will rejected us" meaning. But it's upright. The upright World is often about "being at home" within oneself--meaning being at home anywhere. Fitting in easily. So, I think this World clarifier means the exact opposite of what you think it does (as romantic as it would be to feel that you were in a forbidden affair, known and condemned by the world). IMHO, what that World card is saying is that you'll get away with this scot-free. You'll not only be at home with having an affair, but no one will notice.

Just as the person using trickery in the 7/Swords is totally okay with what he's doing and getting away with it unnoticed. In short, both cards say the same: If you continue on this path, then the probably outcome is that you'll have the affair, pull it off like a pro, and no one will be the wiser. What more do you need to know?

Sagittarius85

gregory said:
What was the question ? There's no way to interpret this without knowing that.

thirteen said:
IMHO, what that World card is saying is that you'll get away with this scot-free. You'll not only be at home with having an affair, but no one will notice.

Thank you very much! To tell the truth, but I don't think that I would be at home with having an affair.... My relationship is very harmonious and loving, but there in no woman-man connection between us. And I can't forget this old flame. I think I would be ready to have a short, temporary affair with him but with the purpose of forming a normal, traditional, "legal" relationship with him.

I've asked the card what I should do to improve my relationship with the ex, and in nutshell I got the advice to be guarded and not to pursue him now. In the same reading I asked about the possible future (if I follow the advice!!):
The possible outcome, where our relationship heading: 7 of Swords clarified by the World

I hope it helps to understand t my situation better.

Thank you again!

(edited - the sorrounding cards are deleted at the request of the moderator)

Sentient

(Sagittarius85, I wrote this up before I saw your response to gregory and Thirteen. I hope it's still of some value; if not, then no worries.)

You seem to have a handle on what the 7S means in your circumstance. It shows a tendency, and can indicate any of a broad spectrum of clandestine thoughts and behaviors. In other words the 7S is saying that there's more for you to consider than simply whether or not you might cheat.

As the World clarifies the 7S, so your choices will clarify where you stand relationship-wise. If you meet with your old flame, the World is saying you will achieve completion in thought, feeling and action. You will know whether your present relationship is the right one for you, or whether other possibilities matter more. The World promises the end of something if you commit yourself to the 7S.

The Major Arcana tend to have messages that go beyond particular circumstances. In the World card notice the many disparate elements, forces and aspects coming together to create an harmonius whole. The figure is dancing. We all start out dancing, as the Fool, but only if we are very, very lucky do we end up that way, as the World. Whether your choose your current relationship or a new one, you will still be incomplete, still lack that sense of peace the World depicts. Realize that no lover can give us this; it can only come from within.

Absynthe

I agree with Sentients interpretation here that the World isn't talking about the affair but about your internal condition. My own experience of the Seven Of Swords is entirely different to the traditional meanings of theft, sneakiness or being clandestine. The keyword for the seven of swords is futility and this is exactly what it has meant to me. The futility of doing the same thing over and over and not getting anywhere with it. That's why the man depicted in the card is sneaking off, he's realised the futility of the situation he is in, and is quitting that behaviour or situation knowing that it will only produce the same results as before.

If you do go back to your ex what you will realise or create is the exact same situation as you had with that person before. The relationship won't suddenly come good because you've come back to it. You will then realise your mistake in this, that doing the same things just gives you the same results, it will become a futile situation that you need to quit. What you are really wanting is a feeling of wholeness or completion depicted by The World and you'll realise that chasing relationships in the way you've been doing will not bring you that.

Sagittarius85

As the World clarifies the 7S, so your choices will clarify where you stand relationship-wise. If you meet with your old flame, the World is saying you will achieve completion in thought, feeling and action. You will know whether your present relationship is the right one for you, or whether other possibilities matter more. The World promises the end of something if you commit yourself to the 7S.

I love your interpretation, thank you very much! I believe that it would be useful to get into a closer relationship with this old flame, because it could help me to see clearer. And I am sure that it would mean the end of something as you've mentioned. Maybe it would mean the end of my current relationship, or maybe the end of my daydreaming and romantic thoughts and hopes with this old flame through harsh realistaions.

Thank you for your answer, I find it pretty useful! :)

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Sagittarius85, please do not add cards from additional readings to threads in UTC. While you can discuss cards that repeat across multiple readings in this forum, the only place where you can discuss multiple readings on the same topic is Your Readings and in that forum you have to list the complete readings.

Please edit your post to remove mention of the other reading. Other posters, please DO NOT respond to those cards or this thread will need to be moved to Your Readings. If Sagittarius85 doesn't wish to discuss the complete readings in Your Readings then the thread will be removed from view.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Sagittarius85

My own experience of the Seven Of Swords is entirely different to the traditional meanings of theft, sneakiness or being clandestine. The keyword for the seven of swords is futility and this is exactly what it has meant to me. The futility of doing the same thing over and over and not getting anywhere with it.

Thank you! I have never heard this meaning of the 7S. Indeed, this old flame and me had lots of failed attempts in the past, but the relationship has never got off the ground.... (because of the lack of resolve on the part of him).

Thank you, your interpretation is really interesting!

Sagittarius85

Sagittarius85, please do not add cards from additional readings to threads in UTC.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Dear rwcarter, I am sorry. It was not an additional reading, they were the sorrounding cards, but I removed them.
I am sorry again.