What do you keep your decks in?

Victoria's Finest

Nemia, what lovely pictures! Nicely done bags and some good looking decks :thumbsup:. What's the name of the first one if you don't mind?

nisaba

I keep my decks in a series of nine or ten wickerwork baskets. Within those, some of them are in original packaging, some of them are in bags, and my favourites are tightly wrapped in large squares of tie-dyed silk in gorgeous colours.

Barleywine

I have a few wickerwork baskets with hinged lids, but mostly I bought inexpensive, unpainted, brass-hinged wooden boxes from Michael's, most of which hold two decks in their original cardboard boxes. The close-fitting ones also work well for decks that don't have their original boxes. This is how I store everything at home. For taking decks to a reading session, I bought a small man's "kit bag" of the type used to carry travel essentials. It easily holds 4 or 5 standard decks and my digital "timer."

VGimlet

Pretty much like Pathwalker; I keep decks I'm not using regularly in the original boxes, and the ones I'm using more regularly in bags - ranging from embroidered hand made bags to an old Crown Royale bag someone gave me when they were done with the bottle, LOL.

Most of them are housed in the china hutch (now full) and the living room credenza with glass doors under the TV. That was DH's idea, because he thought they'd look cool.

Nemia

Nemia, what lovely pictures! Nicely done bags and some good looking decks :thumbsup:. What's the name of the first one if you don't mind?

The Four Heavenly Kings - a beautiful, serene deck.

Original Destiny

I don't have many decks and they seem to be scattered all over the house at the moment . The only one that I use, my RWS, is in a black tarot tote there are also 4 decks that are in home made totes on my bedside cabinet.the others are in the original boxes

Libra 58

Since I almost only use one deck at the time, I keep it close to my bed out of the box. After a year I put it back in it's box and put the box in a drawer where all the other decks are. Then I pick another deck for next year.

SunChariot

I've recently gotten into tarot and bought myself the beginnings of a tarot collection. But I'm torn between keeping my decks in little velvet bags, or in the boxes they come in. Most of the boxes are thin cardboard and seem likely to fall apart pretty soon - one or two already are!

I'm curious about what everyone else does. Do you keep your decks in a bag, the original box, or a new box bought just for tarot?

(And why does it seem like Oracle decks more consistently get better boxes than tarot ones?)

Pouches. No 2 are the same.

But then I have to remember what is in which pouch! I have 117 decks and I use them all. So I have a list of my decks in alphabetical order on my computer, with photos of each in its pouch. So then I can look up a deck, find the photo of which pouch it is in, then go find that pouch. Sometimes a system helps. LOL

Babs

Barleywine

The advantage of wooden boxes is that, if you have a sticky-label-making program (Memorex makes one), you can print a scan from the deck and slap it on the lid. Here are examples.

Attachments

• Deck Chests.jpg
    Deck Chests.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 134